Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Urgent Help Needed

Urgent Help Needed
macintologist
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2005, 10:20 AM

Email: [email protected]
Tell:234-8038588347
Dear Friend,
Good day!

With warm heart I offer my friendship, and greetings, and i hope this mail meets you in good time._

However strange or surprising this contact might seem to you, as we have not met personally or had any dealings in the
past, I humbly ask that you take due consideration of its importance and_ immense benefit. i am sorry if this letter comes to you as an embarrassment but be rest Assured that your particulars of contact was given to me after a due Search, for reliable and capable foreigner that will handle Confidentially a transfer of huge sum of money, from credit_ union bank of Nigeria plc to a foreign bank account._

_The deal in details: - a_ foreigner, late Morris Thompson was an oil merchant/contractor_ with the federal government of Nigeria and resides here in Nigeria until his death four year ago in a ghastly plane crash.

_ Here is_ a web page that tells more about is untimely death on February 4th, 2000 http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01/alaska.airlines.
_list/
http://www.nativefederation.org/hist...ple/mThompson.
html
He had a deposit of (us$32, 624,000) thirty two million, six hundred_ and twenty-four thousand United States dollars, with the credit union bank_ of Nigeria plc before his death in February 4, 2000.

_ I am his account_ officer at the credit union bank, and nobody has serviced the Account or shown_ up for his money since after his death till date. Although, efforts have_ been made by the bank to get in touch with his next of kin or any of his_ relations, but all to know avail (he died with his wife or children).

_ It is on_ this note some top officials of credit union bank, who are fully aware of the incident resolved and asked me to find and negotiate with trust worthy foreigner who is willing to assist, and act_ as next of kin to the Morris Thompson, this sum of money is now kept in the deceased account of the credit union bank. Please understand that this_ money (us$32, 624, 000) when transferred into your account will be used for a_ joint venture establishment, as may be agreed by both parties involved.
_
This transaction is 100% risk free, for we have concluded every_ arrangement to safeguard you in this transaction. Therefore, if you wish to assist us,hasten up and send the following to enable us effectively process the_ necessary document for smooth transfer into your account, to be nominated by you as the next of kin to the late Morris Thompson; you are urgently required_ to send to me.The name to be used in changing the existing next of kin at the bank. Your private telephone and fax number for fast and safe Communication. We know we have never met or entered into any kind of transaction with you before as to know the extent of your trust and honesty. But based with the recommendation,

I personally want to believe that you will not sit on the money if it_ finally gets to your account. It is on this note i consider it proper to write
and ask for your consent, and permission to support the transfer into your
account.

Please, for security reasons acknowledge me the receipt of this letter by mailing me back through my e-mail address as stated:

[email protected]
I await your urgent response,
Yours faithfully,
Dr. iduh_ godfrey
URGENT HELP NEEDED
Should I mess with the guy?

ajprice
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2005, 10:37 AM

http://www.spamscamscam.com/

No, but it is funny to wind them up and string them along a bit! I saw this guys show at Edinburgh Fringe Festival last year, very good.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 22, 2005, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by ajprice:
http://www.spamscamscam.com/

No, but it is funny to wind them up and string them along a bit! I saw this guys show at Edinburgh Fringe Festival last year, very good.
Holy freaking crap, everyone at work is wondering what's wrong with me. Those emails are freaking HILARIOUS! You've made my day, AJP!

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

SSharon
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2005, 12:21 PM

lol, a yahoo e-mail address?

for someone that had the time to come up with that long story you would think they could also take the time to get a more believable e-mail address.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 22, 2005, 01:18 PM

You guys crack me up. Act like you have never seen this stuff before.
Where do you live, and how is life on that planet ?

-t

malvolio
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2005, 01:22 PM

The guys who really rate as counter-scammers are the ones who actually get "good faith" $$$ from the scam artisits.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

Forum Links
Forum Rules