Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Official MacNN COVID-19 Thread

The Official MacNN COVID-19 Thread (Page 36)
MacNNFamous
Senior User
Yesterday, 07:25 PM

No dude, the only person mentioning jews and nazis is you, I think you need meds. Not everything is controlled by jews, buddy.

ghporter
Administrator
Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Interesting you’d mention using sheet metal shears. My grandfather could eyeball most transitions, whether round or rectangular, and he didn’t waste a lot of material.

I can visualize what an unfolded shape would fold into, and what a folded shape would look like unfolded. In fact I scored quite high on the ASVAB in that section, as well as the AFOQT’s similar section.

But cut those shapes from sheet metal by hand, free-form? That’s a matter of training, practice and a lot more practice.

Now even if you transported my grandfather into 2023 while he was alive, I’m also sure he couldn’t build a simple 3D shape on a computer to save his life. It’s a matter of different training, different experience, and a number of other things. And I don’t know what he’d think about the flexible ductwork that goes into new houses nowadays. Because sheet metal ducts don’t sag on hangers, among other things.

Our society has very seriously screwed up by our emphasis on “get a degree or you’ll wind up digging ditches or doing fast food work.” That’s totally wrong, and has led to a really significant shortage in tradesmen.

Want custom cabinets? Good luck. You’ll get by with factory-made, prefab boxes that are designed for someone to hang on a wall, then hook a fancy looking door onto. You can buy them at Home Depot or Lowe’s.

Custom cabinet work is now almost all “artisanal”, which means way over priced, and done by someone who will look down his nose at you for wanting what YOU (the customer) want instead of buying into his fancy - and expensive - “vision.” And frankly, I doubt the product would be as flexible or durable as prefab boxes put together by a decent interior carpenter. Because the difference here is the “artisan” is all about himself, while the carpenter is all about the job. Which is how trades are supposed to be.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Today, 09:42 AM

I don't know why you guys keep giving him the benefit of the doubt. Fool me one, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me for two decades...uh...I can't help you.

MacNNFamous
Senior User
Today, 11:18 AM

Man like everyone is sooooo smart and contrarian around here.

For example, working as a janitor, you need to know which direction to twist the mop when it's on the floor to bring the most dirt towards you, and then you need the sheer intelligence to operate the spray cleaner, while the incredible dexterity to wipe with paper towels. These guys work hard jobs, they're definitely smarter than most of the population, which is why they know sleepy joe and the bitch are not good for America, and covid AND global warming are librul hoaxes.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Today, 12:14 PM

For someone who complains about strawmanning...

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Today, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by MacNNFamous View Post
Man like everyone is sooooo smart and contrarian around here.

For example, working as a janitor, you need to know which direction to twist the mop when it's on the floor to bring the most dirt towards you, and then you need the sheer intelligence to operate the spray cleaner, while the incredible dexterity to wipe with paper towels. These guys work hard jobs, they're definitely smarter than most of the population, which is why they know sleepy joe and the bitch are not good for America, and covid AND global warming are librul hoaxes.
Okay, so we're down to George Soros ("Jewish bankers") releases artificial viruses (62 strains so far) to eventually eradicate the uneducated redneck janitors with the REAL humdinger, in order to reduce human load on the planet.

Now, about that "cherry-picking"…

Forum Links
Forum Rules