Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > SHN files on the Mac

SHN files on the Mac
iPond317
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2003, 04:03 PM

Hey people, I have some live concerts downloaded and they are in SHN format (a lossless compression format) and I have no clue what to do with them. Is there any way to convert them to WAVs so that I can convert them to MP3s. I've been to a few sites that describe how to convert them in Winblows, but that does me no good. Here's a link to one of the help pages for Winblows:

http://guyforget.no-ip.org/
iPond317 | ODU Apple Campus Rep
"Ten years ago down by the lake I sunk my sweet love down to her watery grave." - Hello Again | DMB

Old: Apple IIc, PowerMac 7200/90, iMac Bondi Blue 233, Titanium PowerBook G4 400 - New: MacBook 2.0, iPhone 8GB, AirPort Extreme Gb, iPod 30GB 5th Gen

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2003, 07:10 PM

There's a Shorten program for OS X.

http://www.hornig.net/shorten/

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 24, 2003, 09:57 PM

I have been downloading live shows in SHN format for years. Doug's shorten client for mac hasn't been updated in a while - because it doesn't need to be! Its excellent, and does what it needs to. SHN is a great lossless way to get legal live music.

Just another THANK YOU to the author for bringing this functionality to the mac.

Lee
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

Forum Links
Forum Rules