Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Virtual PC 3.0 Help (imac related)

Virtual PC 3.0 Help (imac related)
Ca$h68
Banned
Jun 11, 2000, 08:30 PM

Ok, question about VPC. I have an iMac Rev D, and the thing is, I cant find a CD Rom driver to work or emulate through windows or DOS. Anyone else have this problem? I've tried TONS of my friends PC boot disks, and none of them can find a CD Rom drive. Is the iMac CD ROM different or smoething?!?!

Help ASAP.

Ca$h

Idler
Jun 11, 2000, 11:43 PM

The Virtual PC additions installer for Windows has the driver for the CD-ROM drive. The updater from this page http://www.connectix.com/downloadcen...r_vpc_303.html also has the Windows additions with the CD-ROM driver.

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Jun 15, 2000, 12:23 AM

Nothing changed. What drivers do I need? I have a 1st gen iMac. I want to install 98, and I have a 98 CD, but I cant get the ****ing Cd rom to work. ARGHHH!!!!

Ca$h

Idler
Jun 15, 2000, 01:23 AM

I see, you have not installed Windows yet.

You should have a disk image called "OS_Install.img" which included the CD-ROM drive drivers. If you have the Virtual PC 3 upgrade, make sure you select Custom Install when installing and choose to install everything. Use the disk image above as the boot floppy and it will format the new hard disk file with the CD-ROM drive driver ready to be use.

marlond
Jun 19, 2000, 02:39 PM

On a related note:

Has anyone found a driver for the DVD drive on the iMac DV?

Mine works as a CD-ROM drive fine, but locks up hard when a DVD is inserted.

Forum Links
Forum Rules