Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > No more Desktop Printer!

No more Desktop Printer!
mqymouse
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2000, 07:41 PM

I am not a Mac newbie, but on my previous Macs I was never able to use the desktop printer to its full capacity, so I got used to not using it. Now that I'm using an iMac DV with OS 8.6, I notice that an icon appears on my desktop whenever I change my printer in the Chooser. Can someone tell me if there is a way to stop this from happening? If I delete the printer icon from the desktop, it still works from within an application, but when I choose a new printer, a new icon shows up. Call me strange, but I don't like it. I appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Le ver vert va vers le verre vert.

wlonh
Professional Poster
May 5, 2000, 07:49 PM

well, if your objection is having the icon on the desktop, then just drop it onto your HD and let it live there

out of sight but functional

garrettnelson
Dedicated MacNNer
May 6, 2000, 02:52 PM

If you don't delete them, there is a very handy Control Strip Module that lets you switch between Desktop Printers.
and play the game existence to the end

Drixe
May 11, 2000, 07:11 PM

Well, if you really wants to get rid of them, trash the printer service utilities in your extension folder and let printmonitor do the job !

Forum Links
Forum Rules