Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Dear beloved Mom...

Dear beloved Mom...
macbain80
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 28, 2005, 06:57 PM

And parent of the year goes to...

http://media.hamncheez.com/viewer.php?id=14083

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 28, 2005, 07:40 PM

How last week

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 28, 2005, 07:50 PM

Wow.

You might alert someone to the profanity within. Definitely NSFW.

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2005, 10:55 PM

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2005, 11:02 PM

Just be glad you don't live next to that. Reminds me of my neighbor.

If any of you are thinking about smoking pot, you can come over and watch my neighbor beat her 26 y/o son. Best argument against drugs.

boardsurfer
Jul 28, 2005, 11:13 PM

sad

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2005, 11:37 PM

I may be a bit of a prude, but I think the forum needs a rule to keep folks from posting links like this.

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 28, 2005, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dale Sorel
I may be a bit of a prude, but I think the forum needs a rule to keep folks from posting links like this.
I agree, except that I suspect there's already a rule that's not really enforced.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 29, 2005, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dale Sorel
I don't want to derail the thread. I don't intend to be a smart alec about this.

But, could you please explain to me (if you are offended by the language used in this disturbing video), what about the use of profane language is most disturbing to you?

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 29, 2005, 12:43 AM

Ah... Brings back memories.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 29, 2005, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by mojo2
I don't want to derail the thread. I don't intend to be a smart alec about this.

But, could you please explain to me (if you are offended by the language used in this disturbing video), what about the use of profane language is most disturbing to you?

To me, the offensive part was just the fact that this women had no control over her actions and words. It was disturbing seeing somebody completely unravel like that, she seemed like she could have literally lost control over her bodily functions. Plus, the intensity of the conflict really put me on edge. The language may have offended me a little, but mostly because this woman lacked the capacity to come up with anything more to say. The words in and of themselves don't offend me.

I know you didn't ask me, but perhaps my take on this is insightful to you?

edit: just remembered that the woman was the kids Mom (I thought it was a girlfriend). This is even more disturbing, for obvious reasons.
( Last edited by besson3c; Jul 29, 2005 at 01:12 AM. )

itistoday
Professional Poster
Jul 29, 2005, 01:10 AM

Wow. I'm really impressed by the son's reaction. I'm surprised he's retained his sanity after living with a mother like that. However, notice all of the stuff in his room. He's got a TV in there, an XBox with like 15 games, a computer with an LCD, and really nice leather chair. And here his mother is asking him for $50... I guess he bought all that stuff with his own money. More power to him.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 29, 2005, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c
To me, the offensive part was just the fact that this women had no control over her actions and words. It was disturbing seeing somebody completely unravel like that, she seemed like she could have literally lost control over her bodily functions. Plus, the intensity of the conflict really put me on edge. The language may have offended me a little, but mostly because this woman lacked the capacity to come up with anything more to say. The words in and of themselves don't offend me.

I know you didn't ask me, but perhaps my take on this is insightful to you?
besson3c, yes. Your take is of interest. It reflects mine. On the bright side, I find the mother AND the son both have things to learn from this and maybe the feedback from those viewing this video will prompt BOTH to seek counselling.

The son was calmer than the mom, but he is FAR from an innocent bystander in this interaction.

itistoday
Professional Poster
Jul 29, 2005, 01:22 AM

You know, now that I think about it, I think I can see what's going on through the mother's mind. She's realized what a failure she is, reality is hitting her hard, and she does not like it one bit. She had probably already gone through a lot of internal turmoil to ask her son for $50, and when she finally gets the courage to do it he tells her to "ask nicely". That probably made her snap. You can hear her screaming that he must be proud to have her "begging" for money. In other words, this video is a look at someone's ego being torn to shreds, and her desperate attempt to save face, and doing a horrible job at it.

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2005, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c
To me, the offensive part was just the fact that this women had no control over her actions and words. It was disturbing seeing somebody completely unravel like that, she seemed like she could have literally lost control over her bodily functions. Plus, the intensity of the conflict really put me on edge.
Very well put... I agree that the crummy language only added to how out of control that woman seemed. Just a very disturbing thing to listen to, with a misleading thread title to boot.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 29, 2005, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by itistoday
You know, now that I think about it, I think I can see what's going on through the mother's mind. She's realized what a failure she is, reality is hitting her hard, and she does not like it one bit. She had probably already gone through a lot of internal turmoil to ask her son for $50, and when she finally gets the courage to do it he tells her to "ask nicely". That probably made her snap. You can hear her screaming that he must be proud to have her "begging" for money. In other words, this video is a look at someone's ego being torn to shreds, and her desperate attempt to save face, and doing a horrible job at it.
And how responsible is SHE for what he has become?

Just got a flash of insight...

That she is getting a SECOND chance to learn the lesson that would have started with the son's Dad. Perhaps a lesson she was unable to learn then and still eludes her.

JustAnOl'Broad
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2005, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by mojo2
The son was calmer than the mom, but he is FAR from an innocent bystander in this interaction.
The fact that the kid was the one taping the whole scenario
makes me think that's why he was so "reserved" through the
whole screamfest.
She asked "nicely" to borrow his card for gas money prior to
him taping this.
The other guy coming in to ask for the money makes me think he
(this kid) and his brothers are perhaps a hand full, and have driven her
to her wits end.
I don't condone her language, or reaction to him; but by the
same token I wouldn't want to raise this little jerk.

And yes, a huge dose of therapy all around.
Right after he goes to live with his dad and learns there's
more to life than sitting in your bedroom and baiting your
parents.
Poor little boy.

Ham Sandwich
Jul 29, 2005, 04:54 AM

Wow. Makes me homesick for my mom!

Forum Links
Forum Rules