Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Lord of the Rings or Starwars

View Poll Results: which movie do you wish would come out first?
Poll Options:
The Lord Of The RIngs 61 votes (55.45%)
Star Wars episod 3 41 votes (37.27%)
None, it floats me just watching "Care bares over the rainbow" 8 votes (7.27%)
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll
Lord of the Rings or Starwars
phazertwo
Forum Regular
Aug 11, 2002, 03:05 AM

Ok, so i here every one bit*cing about starwars and LOTR, so vote, and we will see which is really better!!!
PZ
P.S. i vote LOTR
( Last edited by phazertwo; Aug 11, 2002 at 03:29 AM. )
"'don't touch me 'what will you do?' 'i will touch you back'"-bruce lee

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2002, 03:14 AM

Does it matter, one will be out at the end of the year the other in 3 years.

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 11, 2002, 03:18 AM

Originally posted by Socially Awkward Solo:
Does it matter, one will be out at the end of the year the other in 3 years.
So, every one is bic*ing, lets find out if more people fancy LOTR or Starwars! So vote!
PZ

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2002, 03:25 AM

Originally posted by phazertwo:

So, every one is bic*ing, lets find out if more people fancy LOTR or Starwars! So vote!
PZ
Ok but the poll should be "what movie are you more excited about"

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2002, 04:29 AM

I just pretended that it asked which movie are you more excited about.

Cipher13
Aug 11, 2002, 05:00 AM

Pfft, the Care Bears rule!

(vote: LOTR)

silverghost
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2002, 08:28 AM

LoTR here!

aloha
"In my madness my eyes are now open"

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2002, 09:19 AM

Lord of the Rings! Fellowship was Nominated for best picture

-Owl

poocat
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2002, 10:08 AM

fellowship was nominated for best picture.

so?!

does that determine what you like?
if so, i'm scared.

(i'm already scared...)

but lotr is genre changing, as is star wars, but lotr did it YEARS before sw.

decades, even.

bring on your luke skywalkers.
strider is ready.

(i'm a fricking giant sw's fan, in case someone's getting angry...)

woo-woo.

pc.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2002, 10:29 AM

I was a huge fan of the original SW flicks but the new ones just don't have the same magic at all. George created a wonderful universe but hasn't done **** with it since then. LotR all the way baby! I haven't been this excited about the a sequel since.... well Empire.
( Last edited by shmerek; Aug 11, 2002 at 10:41 AM. )

Tigerabbit
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2002, 10:40 AM

Star Wars Episode 3 doesn't exist yet. The Lord of the Rings is now available on DVD.

Hmmmm, something I can buy or something that doesn't exist, hmmm, that's a tough decision.
If you put a bullseye on yourself, don't be surprised when someone takes a shot at you.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2002, 12:32 PM

I haven't read any of the LOTR books so I just didn't understand the movie. Too much fantasy/D&D for me. I can appreciate the technical barriers overcome in filming the movie and enjoyed the beautiful scenery of NZ but didn't 'get' the movie.

MikeM33
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2002, 01:48 PM

Star Wars Episode 3 isn't out yet. Since I've never seen the first LOTR I must vote for SW all the way. I've loved every SW movie with the exception of Episode 1. Besides Star Wars has a good 4 more movies out already over what LOTR has out so far.

FWIW though I do want to see LOTR, but I'll probably wait until it comes to HBO, Starz or Encore. I've never read the books because that sort of subject matter doesn't really appeal to me much, so the movies aren't really going to do much for me either methinks.

Most people I do know that have read the books and loved them, didn't really like LOTR that much.

Besides all that I've been an old school Star Wars fan since 1977, I'm not going to abandon them just because Episode 1 wasn't up to par. The rest have been excellent so-far.

MikeM32

Silky Voice of The Gorn
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2002, 03:19 PM

Ugh, not THIS pointless "argument" again. Why be forced to choose between two media entities that happily coexist? Feh.

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 11, 2002, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by Tigerabbit:
Star Wars Episode 3 doesn't exist yet. The Lord of the Rings is now available on DVD.

Hmmmm, something I can buy or something that doesn't exist, hmmm, that's a tough decision.
Ok, MORON!!! use your imagintion!! THE NEXT LOTR (which would be the two towers)or the next starwars!!! jessus crist talking to some of you is like talking to 2nd graders.!!!

MikeM33
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2002, 06:00 PM

Ok, MORON!!! use your imagintion!! THE NEXT LOTR (which would be the two towers)or the next starwars!!! jessus crist talking to some of you is like talking to 2nd graders.!!!
Whoa, someone's not taking thier medication

MikeM32

Xtopolop
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 11, 2002, 06:56 PM

Wait... I thought you were still in highschool. Aren't you like 16 or 17 years old? You have yet to begin "colage" and yet you are calling Tigerrabbit a 2nd grader, completely ignoring the fact that she just gave birth to a daughter.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2002, 09:36 PM

PZ
I voted D - none of the above. Why? Matrix - Reloaded will kick both their asses. Obi-wan ain't got nothing on Spoon Boy.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2002, 02:16 AM

Originally posted by Xtopolop:

Wait... I thought you were still in highschool. Aren't you like 16 or 17 years old? You have yet to begin "colage" and yet you are calling Tigerrabbit a 2nd grader, completely ignoring the fact that she just gave birth to a daughter.

Well, if some of you would think about it, instead of exspecting pefection. Yes, there are little mistakes, and you know what everyone makes em' so stop bitting my ass every chance you get! and yes, i am 16
PZ

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 12, 2002, 02:19 AM

Ugh, Starwars is winning by one vote right now... Starwars is crap! When will people realize that? Lord of the Rings is so much better.

[jackass mode]
phazertwo: A tip: Learn how to spell.
[/jackass mode]

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2002, 02:23 AM

Originally posted by wataru:
Ugh, Starwars is winning by one vote right now... Starwars is crap! When will people realize that? Lord of the Rings is so much better.

[jackass mode]
phazertwo: A tip: Learn how to spell.
[/jackass mode]
Yes, it is much better! (tho i may say that because i like mid evil things) but i thought that fellow ship of the ring was much better than episode 2. (and i understand that they didn't come out the same time)
PZ

Tigerabbit
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2002, 03:45 AM

Ooooh, you looked it up for yourself? I'm impressed.

Since you're such a big fan, did you know that the movies are somewhat based on a series of books by J. R. R. Tolkien? You really should read the books sometime. You might even find a copy in your local library that has pictures, which may be a real help for you.

Somehow, I suspect communicating on a 2nd grade level is a real challenge for you. Go back to harassing your fellow kindergarteners.
If you put a bullseye on yourself, don't be surprised when someone takes a shot at you.

Fallout
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2002, 04:39 AM

LOTR. I hate Star Wars.

100 posts..kick ass!

Xtopolop
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2002, 08:04 AM

Well, if some of you would think about it, instead of exspecting pefection. Yes, there are little mistakes, and you know what everyone makes em' so stop bitting my ass every chance you get! and yes, i am 16
PZ
I suggest you take the time to think about it. This is the first time I've confronted you, and that was because you seemed really out of line. You are the one doing all the ass-biting around here.

P.S. If you use OmniWeb you can have your posts spell checked before you post them! (imagine that )

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 12, 2002, 08:06 AM

Seems to be a toss up

yield2apple
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2002, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by poocat:
fellowship was nominated for best picture.

so?!

does that determine what you like?
if so, i'm scared.

(i'm already scared...)

but lotr is genre changing, as is star wars, but lotr did it YEARS before sw.

decades, even.

bring on your luke skywalkers.
strider is ready.

(i'm a fricking giant sw's fan, in case someone's getting angry...)

woo-woo.

pc.
I agree with what you're saying about the LOTR novels being genre-changing, but I believe the movies are running amok on the novels.. The movies look great, and the acting is good, don't get me wrong.. Fellowship was a good movie, but they have cut characters and changed the plot line as if Lord of the Rings was a f*cking Michael Crichton novel.. This is the Book of the Century, and IMO the most epic novel ever written... Pay it some respect, you crappy filmmakers.. I don't want to hear any arguments about movie length or cost of production or anything either.. If you're not willing to spend the money on the film, you shouldn't be making the novel into a film.. If you aren't willing to sit thru the film in its entirety, you shouldn't watch the movie.. IMO each novel should have 5 hours split into 2.5 hour segments with an intermission..

It really pissed me off that they showed Gandalf's return in the trailer to The Two Towers as well.. They ruined the surprise of Gandalf's return as well as the suspense leading up to it.. dumb@$$eS.. Not everyone would have known of his return.. Not like we all know Anakin becomes Darth Vader, and the Emporer is Senator Palpatine..

And if I don't see Merry and Pippin talking to some Ents, I am going to form a coalition for the boycot of The Return of the King..

edit* I forgot.. Star Wars all the way, I can't wait to see how we go from Episode II to IV .. And I don't think Strider or Gandalf want to mess with the Jedi...please

Ca$h68
Banned
Aug 12, 2002, 10:31 AM

>cough< DORKS >cough<

ringo
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2002, 10:46 AM

Star Wars peaked already...and EP1 and 2 were nothing special compared to other movies of the same genre...bad scripts, semi-likeable characters, weak plot.

If the next two LOTR movies are as well-made as the first one was, this series wins hands-down.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 12, 2002, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by Ca$h68:
>cough< DORKS >cough<
gliven

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2002, 01:24 PM

Ooooh, you looked it up for yourself? I'm impressed.

Since you're such a big fan, did you know that the movies are somewhat based on a series of books by J. R. R. Tolkien? You really should read the books sometime. You might even find a copy in your local library that has pictures, which may be a real help for you.

Somehow, I suspect communicating on a 2nd grade level is a real challenge for you. Go back to harassing your fellow kindergarteners.
WOW you think? no kidding, based of some books buy the GRATEST AUTHOR IN THE WORLD!! and yes, i think that they should have put tom underhill in the fellowship, along with many other things! but there is no way you can pack a 400 page book into a movie can you? no you can't.
PZ
p.s. did anyone her me say that i am dyslexic? hmm

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 12, 2002, 01:28 PM

Bah, I don't base my likeing of movies on what awards they get. I was just saying that cuz its other people who back my opinion up .

-Owl

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2002, 01:35 PM

YEAH!!! LOTR is up 4!
PZ

yield2apple
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2002, 02:27 PM

WOW you think? no kidding, based of some books buy the GRATEST AUTHOR IN THE WORLD!! and yes, i think that they should have put tom underhill in the fellowship, along with many other things! but there is no way you can pack a 400 page book into a movie can you? no you can't.
PZ
it's Tom *Bombadill* not Underhill, but anyways, yes you can pack as many pages into a movie as you'd like..

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 13, 2002, 01:20 AM

Originally posted by yield2apple:

it's Tom *Bombadill* not Underhill, but anyways, yes you can pack as many pages into a movie as you'd like..

Bombadill underhill, well its been 2 years since i read that one. Anyway, there is now way that you can pack all 400 pages of that book into a 3hr movie, you just can't do it, it will never be as good!
PZ

Tigerabbit
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2002, 01:38 AM

There's a difference between being dyslexic and being malcommunicative. I can't read your mind (your skull is too thick). How am I supposed to know that when you typed Lord of the Rings you meant The Two Towers? Dyslexia doesn't explain it; dyslexia would explain misspelling, not getting the wrong title. That's either ignorance or carelessness.

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 13, 2002, 01:52 AM

There's a difference between being dyslexic and being malcommunicative. I can't read your mind (your skull is too thick). How am I supposed to know that when you typed Lord of the Rings you meant The Two Towers? Dyslexia doesn't explain it; dyslexia would explain misspelling, not getting the wrong title. That's either ignorance or carelessness.
the title thing is true, however for thos of you who smack at my spelling, i am dyslexic!! i read things backword and everything!! well maybe not backwords, but i mix the leters up and ****, it sux!
PZ

Jutaro
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2002, 02:31 AM

LOTR.

Attack of the Clowns was a real disappointment to me. The plot had some real potential, too bad the rest of the movie was so weak.

The Two Towers looks incredible.

"I wait with great anticipation as we hold out to see what the world's audience is gonna think of the Two Towers, because the first film was being hailed as this incredible visual epic�cbut that's nothing compared to what's to come."

--Richard Taylor, WETA Workshop Creative Supervisor. (from The Two Towers preview on the DVD)

I think that says a lot.

That's OK citizens of the world, sit back on your asses and let the Americans make the tough choices for you...

AEdwards
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2002, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by OwlBoy:
Lord of the Rings! Fellowship was Nominated for best picture

-Owl
That doesn't mean anything because:

1) The Academy is a Good 'Ol Boys club for Hollywood players

2) George Lucas has purposely placed himself and his operation well-outside the Hollywood scene; so his films ALWAYS get snubbed at the Academy Awards, even as they break box-office records.

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2002, 12:14 AM

Originally posted by AEdwards:

That doesn't mean anything because:

1) The Academy is a Good 'Ol Boys club for Hollywood players

2) George Lucas has purposely placed himself and his operation well-outside the Hollywood scene; so his films ALWAYS get snubbed at the Academy Awards, even as they break box-office records.
Yes, but my poll still shows that LOTR is better (among us).
PZ

mchladek
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 12:01 PM

I voted for SW. I'm more excited about Ep III then I am about TTT or ROTK. Why? Because I've read LOTR twice now so I already know what's going to happen. The only excitement I get from watching the movies is seeing how Jackson transposed this fantastical story from paper to motion picture. That and the fact I was really impressed with the visuals of FOTR (all the locations were nearly identical to what I had envisioned reading the books, and the same with the characters--except for the hobbits. Sam was the only hobbit in the fellowship I thought actually looked like a hobbit. Merry, Pippin, and Frodo were too skinny.)

Star Wars on the other hand was born on the silver screen and motion picture is its only true medium. Unlike others I somewhat enjoyed Ep I and I really liked Ep II. Because of that I'm really anxious to see how the arch is completed. I think a lot of people dislike the new trilogy because you know exactly what's going to happen: all the Jedi die (expect Obi and Yoda), Luke & Leia are born and hid, Palpatine becomes emperor. There's really no room for plot twists. Whereas in the original trilogy you only had guesses of what the next movie would be about.

But in all honesty I think it's impossible to compare these two flicks. LOTR already had a story. Jackson only had to see that story come to life. Lucas, however, doesn't have a story to work with. He has to create all of it. Plus SW has always been more technology based (doing things for the purpose of pushing SFX to its max) whereas LOTR seems to be more story driven with a little eye candy thrown in just to make it look fantastical like the books.

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2002, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by mchladek:
I voted for SW. I'm more excited about Ep III then I am about TTT or ROTK. Why? Because I've read LOTR twice now so I already know what's going to happen. The only excitement I get from watching the movies is seeing how Jackson transposed this fantastical story from paper to motion picture. That and the fact I was really impressed with the visuals of FOTR (all the locations were nearly identical to what I had envisioned reading the books, and the same with the characters--except for the hobbits. Sam was the only hobbit in the fellowship I thought actually looked like a hobbit. Merry, Pippin, and Frodo were too skinny.)

Star Wars on the other hand was born on the silver screen and motion picture is its only true medium. Unlike others I somewhat enjoyed Ep I and I really liked Ep II. Because of that I'm really anxious to see how the arch is completed. I think a lot of people dislike the new trilogy because you know exactly what's going to happen: all the Jedi die (expect Obi and Yoda), Luke & Leia are born and hid, Palpatine becomes emperor. There's really no room for plot twists. Whereas in the original trilogy you only had guesses of what the next movie would be about.

But in all honesty I think it's impossible to compare these two flicks. LOTR already had a story. Jackson only had to see that story come to life. Lucas, however, doesn't have a story to work with. He has to create all of it. Plus SW has always been more technology based (doing things for the purpose of pushing SFX to its max) whereas LOTR seems to be more story driven with a little eye candy thrown in just to make it look fantastical like the books.
Well, wait for the next movie, if you have watched the preview for TTT on the FOTR DVD, than you will know that there are way better special efects. And what you may not realize is all the computer work that had to go into the movie (tho i am sure that you do realize)and i can't wait for the battle of helms deep!! that is gunna be the coolest part of any movie ever. And the ents, i wanna see what he made them look like too (that is if they are in there). But i think the LOTR is better because it has a srory to follow it. And the same stands, there isn't much room for plot twists, and he has a huge number of LOTR fans to impress.
PZ

P.S. Now i know why i called him Tom underhill, that is the name that Frodo gos by when he is in bree. I would have said bomidil, but i read the book like 3 years ago, so

mchladek
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 03:37 PM

Well, wait for the next movie, if you have watched the preview for TTT on the FOTR DVD, than you will know that there are way better special efects. And what you may not realize is all the computer work that had to go into the movie (tho i am sure that you do realize)and i can't wait for the battle of helms deep!! that is gunna be the coolest part of any movie ever. And the ents, i wanna see what he made them look like too (that is if they are in there). But i think the LOTR is better because it has a srory to follow it. And the same stands, there isn't much room for plot twists, and he has a huge number of LOTR fans to impress.
PZ

P.S. Now i know why i called him Tom underhill, that is the name that Frodo gos by when he is in bree. I would have said bomidil, but i read the book like 3 years ago, so
ENTS Now that's what I can't wait to see. Like I said that's really all that makes me excited about seeing the next two in the LOTR triology: visuals. I understand there's a lot of computer graphics involved with LOTR (in fact I believe WETA is now officially bigger than ILM). But the story is already in place. When I think about TTT it's not 'I wonder what will happen to Frodo and Sam.' 'Will Aragorn and company find Pippin and Merry?' 'Why is Gandalf in the previews?' I already know all of that stuff. I'm more interested in: 'What will the ents look like?' 'Will there be an oliphant in the movies?' 'Is Jackson going to kill off Saruman in TTT, or is he going to be true to the books and have the "The Scouring of the Shire"?' That kind of stuff.

But in Star Wars I know the basics of what's going to happen in Ep III, but I don't know the specifics. And because the story isn't fully laid out yet Lucas has the ability to put in plot points strictly for special effects.

So what I'm saying is LOTR will be better movies because there is already a very rich story to play with. But I'm anticipating Star Wars more.

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2002, 03:53 PM

ENTS Now that's what I can't wait to see. Like I said that's really all that makes me excited about seeing the next two in the LOTR triology: visuals. I understand there's a lot of computer graphics involved with LOTR (in fact I believe WETA is now officially bigger than ILM). But the story is already in place. When I think about TTT it's not 'I wonder what will happen to Frodo and Sam.' 'Will Aragorn and company find Pippin and Merry?' 'Why is Gandalf in the previews?' I already know all of that stuff. I'm more interested in: 'What will the ents look like?' 'Will there be an oliphant in the movies?' 'Is Jackson going to kill off Saruman in TTT, or is he going to be true to the books and have the "The Scouring of the Shire"?' That kind of stuff.

But in Star Wars I know the basics of what's going to happen in Ep III, but I don't know the specifics. And because the story isn't fully laid out yet Lucas has the ability to put in plot points strictly for special effects.

So what I'm saying is LOTR will be better movies because there is already a very rich story to play with. But I'm anticipating Star Wars more.
Ahh, this makes sence! But i am a little conserened if jackson will even have the ents, i haven't seen them in the previews! If he toold the ents out that would be outragous!! almost as bad as takeing Glorifindle out!!! (i don't remember how to spell his name sorry, but he is the bad ass Elf warrior that takes Frodo to rivendale, not Arwan) actully it would be worse!! but he hast to have the ents, unless Agagon Gimli Legolis and Gandalf are gunna leave helms deep at the end of the battle and ride to isengard. I don't know

mchladek
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 05:36 PM

Ahh, this makes sence! But i am a little conserened if jackson will even have the ents, i haven't seen them in the previews! If he toold the ents out that would be outragous!! almost as bad as takeing Glorifindle out!!! (i don't remember how to spell his name sorry, but he is the bad ass Elf warrior that takes Frodo to rivendale, not Arwan) actully it would be worse!! but he hast to have the ents, unless Agagon Gimli Legolis and Gandalf are gunna leave helms deep at the end of the battle and ride to isengard. I don't know
Hehe! Yes I'm worried quite a bit about the ents myself (and I was quite disappointed to see Glorfindel taken out, although I do understand why he was). However, there was a very brief shot of Treebeard in the TT preview that was attached to FOTR. That plus the fact there is a model of an ent you can purchase at some movie prop place online. And there have been several reports that several scenes of the Ents decent into Isengard have been created. So hopefully all that means they won't be cutting them out. I guess maybe Jackson wants them to be a surprise or something I guess only time will tell.

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2002, 06:45 PM

Hehe! Yes I'm worried quite a bit about the ents myself (and I was quite disappointed to see Glorfindel taken out, although I do understand why he was). However, there was a very brief shot of Treebeard in the TT preview that was attached to FOTR. That plus the fact there is a model of an ent you can purchase at some movie prop place online. And there have been several reports that several scenes of the Ents decent into Isengard have been created. So hopefully all that means they won't be cutting them out. I guess maybe Jackson wants them to be a surprise or something I guess only time will tell.
Yeah, last year i only went to my first 3 classes and then went to FOTR, i plan to do the same with TTT. Now i will have to scavenger my DVD fot a glimps of the ents, or rather treebeard. Somthing i am worried about also for the ROTK is the gray company. I wonder if they will be in it? and how is Aragon gunna get his sowrd (i am not even gunna atemp the name) maybe gandalf is gunna bring it to him, ui don't know. I guess there are some good reasons to watch, just to see how close jackson came to the book. Tho you can't really blame him, as i said earlyer, you can't pack 400 pages of a book into a 3hr movie, it just can't be done, exspcialy for LOTR.
PZ

MrBS
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2002, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Pfft, the Care Bears rule!

(vote: LOTR)
But what's even better... evil carebears.

Macinstine
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2002, 11:36 PM

I am curious you are comparing SF with fantasy. Differnt animals all togeather.(I voted for LotR)
I miss Tom Bombadill and his music and as an extension of that the weapons and armor that the other Hobbits got from the barrow downs including the sword that frodo used on the wich king stuck him in the foot he did would have been good to see that in the movie. I miss the true introduction to the elves when Frodo runs in to them near the bull roarer. Lots of little things that added flavor to the book, the gifts from Gladrele presented in the middle of the river and one very inportant thing the elven rope that is used to save Frodos life and tie up Golem, The box of earth with a malorn seed given to Sam by the lady after he looked in the into the water and saw the destruction of the shire, all just thrown on the cutting room floor. Makes you wonder if the editor read the script let alone the books since continuity is extremly inportant to the level of emersion you achive in any story telling.

this started off as a comment and turned into a badly spelled review.

Peace out all.

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 19, 2002, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by Macinstine:
I am curious you are comparing SF with fantasy. Differnt animals all togeather.(I voted for LotR)
I miss Tom Bombadill and his music and as an extension of that the weapons and armor that the other Hobbits got from the barrow downs including the sword that frodo used on the wich king stuck him in the foot he did would have been good to see that in the movie. I miss the true introduction to the elves when Frodo runs in to them near the bull roarer. Lots of little things that added flavor to the book, the gifts from Gladrele presented in the middle of the river and one very inportant thing the elven rope that is used to save Frodos life and tie up Golem, The box of earth with a malorn seed given to Sam by the lady after he looked in the into the water and saw the destruction of the shire, all just thrown on the cutting room floor. Makes you wonder if the editor read the script let alone the books since continuity is extremly inportant to the level of emersion you achive in any story telling.

this started off as a comment and turned into a badly spelled review.

Peace out all.

Yes, this is true, but in november they are comming out with the FOTR special edition! witha all of the cuts, i don't understand if they play the movie with the cuts were they are supost to be, or if they just have em, but there are 4 DVDs full of **** so it should be exciting!

Swancoat
Aug 19, 2002, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by Ca$h68:
>cough< DORKS >cough<
Ca$h has got it on this one. Why don't you guys just argue over who is better, Captain Kirk or Captain Picard? I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people participating in this argument bear a striking resemblance to the comic book guy from the Simpsons.

The matrix is the worst of all. I guess it gives nerds hope that they too can kick ass sometime.

Jeremy

phazertwo  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 19, 2002, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by Swancoat:

Ca$h has got it on this one. Why don't you guys just argue over who is better, Captain Kirk or Captain Picard? I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people participating in this argument bear a striking resemblance to the comic book guy from the Simpsons.

The matrix is the worst of all. I guess it gives nerds hope that they too can kick ass sometime.

Jeremy
lol

PZ

Forum Links
Forum Rules