Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Universal Sticky Idea

Universal Sticky Idea
mindwaves
May 8, 2004, 12:31 PM

I have an idea which I would like to say. My idea is to have some universal sticky implementation. Something which you can annotate and "stick" on temporarily to whatever you are working on.

For instance, say I am browsing a long webpage online which dals with cooking and I see a recipe and I say to myself "Grandma would like this recipe," so I add a sticky to the position and write a comment on it and then I maybe bookmark the page. Now, close the window or go to another window and I then decide to open the cooking recipe window and I scroll down a bit and I see my sticky attached. An example. The icon in the tab signifies that the page has a sticky on it.

I imagine this for long webpages where a bookmark alone is not sufficient. Sometimes I am browing a long pdf document in Safari or Preview and I wish to quickly annotate something, then a stick woud be nice. It would just reappear as the page is reloaded again. I thiunk this idea can be built into the system so any application can take advantage of it (might have be reworked). Thoughts?

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
May 8, 2004, 12:35 PM

Only thing is you would have to bookmark the page, remember you had a sticky there, and then scroll down until you found the sticky. Perhaps there's an easier way?

RevEvs
Mac Elite
May 8, 2004, 01:19 PM

unless all your stickies were remembered and listed. and clicking on them took you to the web page?

I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
May 8, 2004, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by mindwaves:
Sometimes I am browing a long pdf document in Safari or Preview and I wish to quickly annotate something, then a stick woud be nice. [...] Thoughts?
Acrobat can do this already.
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

winwintoo
May 8, 2004, 01:59 PM

Originally posted by mindwaves:
I imagine this for long webpages where a bookmark alone is not sufficient. Sometimes I am browing a long pdf document in Safari

Hmmm I can't find a pdf plugin for Sarari - where did you get it from??

I've actually been tossing this idea around lately too of being able to scribble on pdf documents as I read them.

Someone else pointed out that Acrobat already does that, but some of us don't have Acrobat - and Acrobat Reader doesn't do it!

Take care, M

mindwaves  (op)
May 8, 2004, 03:27 PM

Yes, I know Acrobat does it, but I want it to be universal so it doesn't matter if I'm viewing a pdf, looking up a recipe online, or looking at a Word document.

PDF plugin: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9542

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
May 8, 2004, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by Developer:
Acrobat can do this already.
Yea, to bad it's insanely slow

Forum Links
Forum Rules