Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Marvel Universe: WandaVision

Marvel Universe: WandaVision
andi*pandi
Jan 19, 2021, 09:48 PM

Disney finds another reason for me to keep subscribing to Disney+.

The first 2 episodes are just delightful comedy. Even my kid who hasn't seen many of the shows they are referencing laughed and thought it was fun. (bewitched, dick van dyke, i love lucy).

Then there was just enough hints of the underlaying mystery, so we are intrigued.

Anyone else? I never finished Agents of Shield but I'm realizing that without a new marvel movielately I kind of miss this universe.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jan 20, 2021, 08:03 AM

We made it through the first two episodes and it felt like drudgery in hopes that they are actually going to go somewhere with it. Are they actually going to go somewhere with it? I hate spoilers, but I also hate the idea of putting in all of this work only for nothing interesting to happen.

andi*pandi  (op)
Jan 20, 2021, 11:43 AM

I'm getting very strong Tahiti vibes.

Doc HM
Mac Elite
Jan 23, 2021, 11:24 AM

Eps 1 and 2 done.I am enjoying it. Paul Bettany is pretty good at comedy. In a way I was dissapointed that they jumped from the 50s o the 60s to the 70s so fast. I could have done with more time in each er... time to settle in. It upsets the dynamics both times. Still they only had 10 episodes to fit it all in so I can see why it cuts along. Looking forward to the rest
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

Thorzdad
Jan 23, 2021, 12:50 PM

We watched ep 1 and 2 and enjoyed it. Haven't seen ep 3 yet.

I am seriously going to put a brick through my tv, though, if this turns out to be another "you need to have seen umpteen Marvel movies, and maybe read a couple comics, to have any clue what's really going on" piece of geek pop culture.
[set curmudgeon_mode=1]

andi*pandi  (op)
Jan 23, 2021, 02:41 PM

We have discussed if we need to rewatch endgame and infinity war. Might do so while I still have disney+.

MacNNFamous
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2021, 06:11 PM

I haven't watched this but I did catch a trailer, reminded me a LOT of the simulator in Fallout 3.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jan 25, 2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
We have discussed if we need to rewatch endgame and infinity war. Might do so while I still have disney+.
Thinking about ditching D+? We got it to watch Mandalorian 1, then the pandemic hit and my poor youngest kid has had more screen time than her brother EVER got when he was her age.

We're still doing Marvel Monday, working through the whole MCU catalog, so I feel like we are still getting our money's worth from D+. This week we're up to Spiderman: Homecoming (which isn't on D+, annoyingly).

The biggest downside is that I'm not getting actual surround sound through D+ in Chrome on Windows, which is disappointing. Did a bunch of research just now, I think I'm going to get a Fire Stick 4K for the theater as that seems like the best way to get D+ and surround sound support.

andi*pandi  (op)
Jan 25, 2021, 12:48 PM

We finished the mandalorian season 1 and 2, watched all the marvel movies when they came out and then before infinity war to catch up my youngest... Watched Soul and new Mulan... so not much new to watch other than WandaVision.

I have older kids though so don't go into the vault that much. Given the amount of times our pixar dvds were replayed when my son was young, if I had younger kids I'd probably use disney+ instead of buying dvds.

The Final Shortcut
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2021, 09:29 PM

Is Disney+ on the Nvidia Shield system? I’m playing around with it now and it’s pretty stellar for Plex, although the interface isn’t up to ATV standards.

Forum Links
Forum Rules