Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Bluetooth USB adapter question

Bluetooth USB adapter question
Dace
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2003, 12:54 PM

if u buy a Microsoft Bluetooth wireless mouse...will the Microsoft Bluetooth adapter work with the Apple wireless keyboard? Or does only the D-Link USB adapter work with the Apple wireless keyboard?

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

Powaqqatsi
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2003, 12:59 PM

It's USB ? Then yeah, sure it'll work.

Mallrat
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2003, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by Dace:
if u buy a Microsoft Bluetooth wireless mouse...will the Microsoft Bluetooth adapter work with the Apple wireless keyboard? Or does only the D-Link USB adapter work with the Apple wireless keyboard?
I had a similar question. Is BLUE TOOTH the same as USB? Everything works with anything that has it.

so has anyone tried this above?

I am problem going to do the same thing. Get an apple keyboard, but not that one button mouse.

So do the apple products only work with the module they recommend?

And even if that is so, does that module work with microsoft products?

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2003, 12:50 AM

The Apple-endorsed D-link USB-Bluetooth module will work with Apple's keyboard and mouse, and will also work with just about any other Bluetooth device (including, I suspect, the Microsoft bluetooth wireless mouse).

As for the Microsoft-branded bluetooth module, it might have some issues with the Apple wireless keyboard and mouse. Apple does use some newer type of interference rejection to prevent 802.11b signals from screwing with the bluetooth signal.

I'd feel safer going with the Apple-endorsed D-link module. Apple was even good enough to provide a firmware update for certain older models of the D-link device.

Forum Links
Forum Rules