Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > "Grey Jaguar Enhanced" theme released

"Grey Jaguar Enhanced" theme released
Dace
Mac Elite
Jul 10, 2003, 09:10 PM

-
( Last edited by Dace; Jul 11, 2003 at 11:12 AM. )

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jul 10, 2003, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Dace:
GJE has been released,... "My imagination is my limit."
Your themes are displaying less and less 'imagination' Dace. (I still remember your first one!) Try not to 'limit' yourself so much! :-]

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Dace  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 10, 2003, 10:28 PM

-
( Last edited by Dace; Jul 11, 2003 at 11:12 AM. )

Jul 11, 2003, 06:58 AM

Holy sheeeeeeeyat that is ugly.

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Jul 11, 2003, 09:22 AM

So its, um, grey stripes. I should use this instead of the 999 other Aqua variants because... ? Try to be original, which this most certainly is not. I've seen some of your work and I know you can do much better.
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jul 11, 2003, 09:44 AM

*Grey Jaguar Enhanced is no longer being distributed*

This is why I don't bother releasing themes anymore...no respect. Oh, well, I like it and that's what matters. All of you can create your own perfect themes if you think its so easy.

Yeah, you gotta be really tough to be a themer! Being the first one that jumped you, I have to say that I was just trying to encourage you to go farther with your themes, not to cut you down or act like I'm better or anything. And if you can't take one person saying 'ugly' you really can't be a themer. Even Max's most popular theme 'Brushed' has been called 'ugly' a hundred times more often than yours or my theme will ever even be downloaded. Don't be too sensitive or don't be a themer. Of course you can always change your mind... I gave up public theming for a year and then reworked my theme and someone actually said they liked it! Who knows... maybe someone, somewhere out-there is actually using it right now!

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Jul 11, 2003, 11:01 AM

*Grey Jaguar Enhanced is no longer being distributed*

This is why I don't bother releasing themes anymore...no respect. Oh, well, I like it and that's what matters. All of you can create your own perfect themes if you think its so easy.
Oh grow up. I know theming is hard which is why I haven't made any themes in ages (even though I have some killer ideas). Either make themes and put your heart into it or don't make themes. Don't complain when people don't like your half-done attempts.

You CAN do better than this; roll up your sleeves and make something worth using.

Btw, I knew this one was going to be lazy the moment he released that gay pride theme... (no slight intended).
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

Slayer-X
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2003, 12:05 PM

I liked the theme. I thought it was like a platinum and Jaguar mixed. the grayness of Platinum, the Aquaness of Jaguar.

And what's this of a gay pride theme? i wanna see! Where do I get?

quandarry
Jul 11, 2003, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by 970:
Holy sheeeeeeeyat that is ugly.
this guy is our resident pissant...i know him...he weighs 485 pounds (485x2=970, i don't understand why he doubled it) and has never been kissed...not even by his adoptive mother...a very lonely, miserable guy...spends hours playing frogger...

his early years of being abused by his older brother who also happens to be his father just seems to continue on (brother/father was a failed kal schemer)...

oh well i could go on but it just gets very sad and complicated...

wil
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2003, 02:11 PM

So, let me get this straight:

Dace presents an aqua variation, calls it that, makes sure to declare that the borrowed parts or foundation parts that come from one of Max's themes is approved by Max, posts it here in the GUI forums and STILL people find something to bitch about?

Oy. Dace, I don't blame you, this sandbox isn't fun anymore.

quandarry
Jul 11, 2003, 02:35 PM

Originally posted by wil:
So, let me get this straight:

Dace presents an aqua variation, calls it that, makes sure to declare that the borrowed parts or foundation parts that come from one of Max's themes is approved by Max, posts it here in the GUI forums and STILL people find something to bitch about?

yep!...very little positive vibes...slap em down before they know what hit em...

and then...

come on guys release those themes...come on, come on...

and then...

boy that's an ugly ass theme!

Slayer-X
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2003, 02:43 PM

I managed to get the theme before it was pulled, and I loaded it up. I liked it, but I have gotten so spoiled to the sunken buttons everywhere that I didn't stick with it. Might I suggest perhaps the next version have sunken buttons like Max's Aqua Extreme? I think it would really finish off the look. Also maybe lighten the grey just a hair because the black text on the menubar and titlebars is just a little hard to read with the current gray.

Anyone notice I can't spell grey the same way two times in a row?

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jul 11, 2003, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by wil:

What are you talking about... since day one people have been piling on the insults every time a new theme is released. It probably happened back in the Kal days even more. Nothing's changed. If you don't like it anymore go find a forum where it's always a pleasant word for everyone (although I'm on all kinds of forums and haven't found one yet) but sitting around here bitching at people to be nice is a losing battle. Mac Themers are vicious!

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2003, 03:50 PM

You people sure get up in arms about themes.

If you like one, download it and use it. If you think its ugly and something you have already seen so many times before, then do not download it and do something better with your time.

.. and saying it displayed a little amount of imagination was hardly complimentary.

You should apply the "Bambi Rule" and keep your mean comments to yourself - I do!

Dace  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 11, 2003, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by Slayer-X:
I managed to get the theme before it was pulled, and I loaded it up. I liked it, but I have gotten so spoiled to the sunken buttons everywhere that I didn't stick with it. Might I suggest perhaps the next version have sunken buttons like Max's Aqua Extreme? I think it would really finish off the look. Also maybe lighten the grey just a hair because the black text on the menubar and titlebars is just a little hard to read with the current gray.

Anyone notice I can't spell grey the same way two times in a row?
The link is posted at www.desktopper.net for anyone who cares. And it's not that I'm sensitive, but the solution is simple..if no one likes it and just bitches, then fine I'll remove it.

I don't think I'll make the grey lighter, I like it the way it is. I'll consider making a sunken buttons variation though.

"Mac OS X: Pride Edition" (for Slayer-X who wanted to know):

Never released it though.

wigglywoo
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2003, 04:07 PM

Hey Dace please keep the Grey Jaguar theme going regardless of what some people here say. Your theme is very nice and a pleasant change. It does need a little work but it is better than most first releases.
I did a couple of Kaleidoscope schemes over the years and I found it very hard to please everyone, I still just did what I thought was nice and I still made many people happy and that's what counts.

We have had enough themers drop out because of a Preview of 0S X panther so we need you.

Keep up the good work mate.

wigglywoo
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2003, 04:11 PM

sunken buttons, sunken buttons, sunken buttons!

Slayer-X
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2003, 09:05 PM

I like the Mac OS X Pride Edition Theme. I wish you had released it. If you don't wanna shar ewith everyone, I'd be willing to take a donation of it at [email protected]

Jul 11, 2003, 11:12 PM

GROW UP 970
( Last edited by Mac Guru; Jul 12, 2003 at 01:35 AM. )

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2003, 11:53 PM

... now waiting for a mod to erase 970's messages.

Why are you posting junk like this? You sound more like the "human garbage."
( Last edited by SwarmyCurve; Jul 12, 2003 at 12:44 AM. )

Jul 12, 2003, 12:00 AM

Well if the mods are on the side of disgusting perverts, that's a shame.

Sage
Mac Elite
Jul 12, 2003, 12:15 AM

Well if the mods are on the side of disgusting perverts, that's a shame.
Lighten up a bit for cripe's sake... your attitude in this forum lately has stunk. If you don't like us, then go away. So simple!

Jul 12, 2003, 12:28 AM

I'd like to browse these forums without seeing advertisements for perversion and criminality, thank you very much. That's all I ask. And you don't own these forums, so you have no business telling me to go away.
( Last edited by 970; Jul 12, 2003 at 12:35 AM. )

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jul 12, 2003, 12:40 AM

I'd like to browse these forums without seeing advertisements for perversion and criminality, thank you very much. That's all I ask. And you don't own these forums, so you have no business telling me to go away.
Well then.... PLEASE go away then. Not even those old farts on the supreme court agree with you anymore. You're too full of hate to deal with real people, so don't think that it's going to fly on this forum either. This is a forum for Mac OSX themes, not bigotry, moralizing, and legal mis-information.

Jul 12, 2003, 01:14 AM

The supreme court's opinion is obviously irrelevant to justice now, and has been increasingly so for far too long.

This forum is not for criminal acts or perversion either. So don't post it.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Jul 12, 2003, 01:37 AM

Grow up 970, if you wish to post your personal oppinion on such matters, there are 5 million such threads on the topic in the Lounge... CHILL.

Mac Guru

Forum Links
Forum Rules