Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Theme Mockup, check it out

Theme Mockup, check it out (Page 2)
invisibleX
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2003, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by Dace:
Just so you know,(in)Visible-A$$(X), my SEER theme was well liked by many. And I haven't seen you produce anything but bull$hit.
But its just a port of someone else's. Its highly unlikely that you've seen anything I've made (except brien's Gia Mia which I started but handed off to him). Insult me all you like, but clean up your mouth or I'll tell your mommy.
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 29, 2003, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by Adam Betts:
It got slammed simply because it's yet another Aqua clone, not a completely new design.
Because in the "rules for themeing 101" you have to completely make it look different or it's lame.

I must have missed that one.

If Aqua was more customizable I could maybe, sorta understand that sort of thought process.

Aqua variations are cool, because of consistency.

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 29, 2003, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Because in the "rules for themeing 101" you have to completely make it look different or it's lame.

I must have missed that one.

If Aqua was more customizable I could maybe, sorta understand that sort of thought process.

Aqua variations are cool, because of consistency.
I never said it sucked or something like that. I was simply stating that it's what was the public opinion at that time.

I don't think I've made any comment on that matrix theme here before so..

BTW, Dace, don't listen to quan, I'm not a gay-basher or have anything against them.

ambush
Banned
Jul 29, 2003, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by quandarry:
yeah...you and he should get married and then you'd be "invisible ugly adam betts" the real dumfuk gay basher!

see that box in my sig...open that and you will find "UGLY"... jumping down a&&holes throats will seem cute!

hey!...somebody has to keep you and your x buddy miserable and UGLY!...i'm up to it if'n you wanna have a go...just use readable english...
You talking about readable english? You gotta be shitting us.

quandarry
Jul 29, 2003, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by invisibleX:
Wow, nice use of your adjectives

Dace has a history of making ugly themes. From his eye-popping "gay pride" theme to this is just get worse and worse... well, this is better than the gay pride one. I'm not bashing him, and certainly not because he's gay and adam probably didn't even know.

Grow up or shut up.
ix...

i was referring to adam who has a history of homophobia that goes back to his pez theme...

as for the colorful language that adam uses...it could be attributed to his lack of knowledge of the english language...but that is no excuse for calling anyone a dumbfu_k...

so now he has my wrath to deal with...

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 29, 2003, 08:07 PM

Adam you fear homosexuals?

Dace  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2003, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by invisibleX:
But its just a port of someone else's. Its highly unlikely that you've seen anything I've made (except brien's Gia Mia which I started but handed off to him). Insult me all you like, but clean up your mouth or I'll tell your mommy.

You think porting a theme is easy? You couldn't even port Mama Mia, hell you couldn't even complete a theme that consisted of flat elements. And maybe your too stupid to notice but I had to modify SEER quite a lot to make it work within OS X...I even added a graphite version of it. Not to mention that I noticed SEER would be perfect for OS X...no one had to tell me that. Also SEER has several touches that are my own.

P.S. If you don't watch your mouth, I'll tell your mommy...just as soon as you get off of her that is.

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2003, 08:33 PM

No more, Bickering PLEASE...

Locked!

Forum Links
Forum Rules