Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Nokia 6555 to Mac Connectivity?

Nokia 6555 to Mac Connectivity?
gulmatan
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 2, 2008, 07:25 PM

Hi all,

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum but, I could really use some help. I am considering a Nokia 6555 and would like to transfer music and photos from my Mac. Can the Nokia 655 connect and exchange with a Mac running OS/X 10.4.11? If not, besides the iPhone, what other cellphones cooperate with the Mac?

Thanks in advance.
PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz/1GB RAM/OS/X (10.4.11)
Windows--A fate in league with Communism.

Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 4, 2008, 01:10 AM

I use mine over Bluetooth with no problems, but you'll need to Google an iSync plug-in for the phone itself.
Midshipman 3/C, USNR

gulmatan  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 4, 2008, 02:51 AM

Please extend your explanation, pleease. What software do I use to transfer MP3s, JPEGs, MP3s as used for ringtones? I am sorry but, I prefer a USB connection than Bluetooth. So, is there a USB cable that can connect from the Nokia 6555 to the Mac? Further, as I've asked (but, I still am curious for an answer), is there software **besides iSync** that can accomplish this Mac to Nokia 6555?

OreoCookie
Jul 4, 2008, 04:49 AM

You use Bluetooth File Exchange which comes with any OS X installation.
My Nokia (AFAIK 6120) uses the same USB cable as my dslr, it's a standard cable. I'm not sure whether you can transfer file if you use the USB cable.

Syncing via iSync works just fine (I had to edit one file, because Nokia was too lazy to do it for me).

Although I haven't tried with your specific model, I think iSync + Bluetooth File Exchange will work just fine. You need to pair your phone with your computer beforehand, though.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

gulmatan  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 18, 2008, 03:08 PM

Hi all;

Thanks for your feedback. I just got (actually, I've had it for a couple of weeks now) a Motorola RAZR v3xx as a replacement via the insurance/replacement program.

I just had to get a USB-to-Mini-USB cable and now I'm in full compatibility mode! Yeah, I used the BT linkup for a few days--nice and cool way to connect but, now that I've got the cable, everything is running quite swimmingly.

Thanks for your ideas. I just don't think it's fair that Mac users need to suffer because Bill Gates has totally screwed up this world.

Forum Links
Forum Rules