Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > 2.2 GHz MacBook Pro - Warranty

2.2 GHz MacBook Pro - Warranty
MMS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2008, 08:38 AM

Hello:

I'm selling my MacBook Pro.

I'm including the installed software as well. This includes Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (I know, I know...that's probably not a selling point), Office 2008 (installed in the Mac side), Office 2007 (installed on the Windows side), as well as the latest version of Mac OS X (whatever kitty it is this year...I have trouble keeping track).

This has been my school machine, but I replaced it a month or so ago. I recently had the top and bottom case replaced, so the machine you get has a fresh top and bottom and brand new trackpad. (There was a cosmetic ding on the front that pissed me off enough that I had these items replaced while Apple did a warranty replacement on the logic board).

As you all know, this is a true desktop replacement machine and it absolutely flies. It's an inch thick when closed, has a beautiful aluminum enclosure, and the battery is good enough still that it will power the computer for 3.5 hours still.

Here are the specs:

• 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (this is the mid 2007 model)
• Glossy 15.4-inch (diagonal), 1440 by 900 resolution, TFT widescreen
• 2GB of memory (two SO-DIMMs, 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300))
• NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics system with 128MB of GDDR3 SDRAM and dual-link DVI
• 120GB Serial ATA hard disk
• Ports: One FireWire 400; one FireWire 800; two USB 2.0 ports; and ExpressCard/34 slot
• Built-in iSight webcam, DVI, VGA (DVI to VGA adapter included so you can hook up any external monitor you want)
• Audio: Combined optical digital input/audio line in, combined optical digital output/headphone out, stereo speakers, microphone
• Built in Ethernet / WiFi
• Full-size, illuminated keyboard with ambient light sensor; scrolling trackpad, Apple Remote control.
• Weighs 5.4 pounds and is one inch thick when closed

This is a great machine of which I've taken good care. You've also got some warranty left. If you're interested, shoot me an email and I'll send you my cell number and we can work something out.

I'm looking for $1,700 for the machine. It will come to you with the original goodies in the original packaging (right down to the plastic shipping liners). Since there's well over $700 worth of software installed on the thing, I think $1,700 is a pretty reasonable price for a MacBook Pro that's less than a year old. I can also get you the AppleCare plan for the education price if you're interested. I'm also a little flexible, so send me a private message if you'd like to make offer.

Looking forward to hear from you. I have pictures, just not here at work. I can put some up tonight. If you need references, I can provide those as well or you can check my eBay profile MicahMathias.

--Micah

( Last edited by MMS; May 30, 2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Added image, information)

Veritas&Equitas
Dedicated MacNNer
May 30, 2008, 02:04 PM

You say you're "including the installed software." Does this mean you will just keep the programs on the computer, or actually provide the discs and serials of all the software?

If you aren't including the actual discs, you can't sell the machine with the software on it.

Also, just as a price point, these are barely going for $1,400 on eBay, and less without AppleCare (around $1,300-1,350 shipped).

MMS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Veritas&Equitas View Post
You say you're "including the installed software." Does this mean you will just keep the programs on the computer, or actually provide the discs and serials of all the software?

If you aren't including the actual discs, you can't sell the machine with the software on it.

Also, just as a price point, these are barely going for $1,400 on eBay, and less without AppleCare (around $1,300-1,350 shipped).
Discs and serials included. Come on, like you even had to ask.

And thanks for the pricing on eBay. I've seen. Boooo...
( Last edited by MMS; May 30, 2008 at 03:43 PM. )

maxx9photo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 31, 2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Veritas&Equitas View Post

Why people have to be a price police??? let the seller set the price he/she wants to sell, it's basically rude to interrupt one sales and publicly complaint on their price policy! you should have enough polite to PM them individually.

Forum Links
Forum Rules