Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Software monitor adjustment

Software monitor adjustment
adamberti
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2002, 10:42 PM

I'm using OS 9.2.1 on a beige G3 with an Apple ColorSync 17" display (built in may 1998) connected to a ATI Rage Orion, and an old Apple Color monitor (14inch) attached to the built-in monitor port. Quite some time ago I lost the ability to adjust the monitor through software conrols (both monitors). I've been doing a lot of scanning and photoshop work and then printing, but the screen is way too dark in comparison to prints, the originals, and even on other computer's with the hardware brightness control maxed. Using Apple's ColorSync control panel I cant even set the individual R, G, and B properly because I cant make those little apples with lines look correct.

I'm wondering if I can get access to software controls again, that it might allow me to get the screen brighter. I'm looking for any reason other than the colorsync monitor is dying to solve my problem. Thanks for your help
-Adam

Forum Links
Forum Rules