Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Please help me with this Stocks App Screen

Please help me with this Stocks App Screen
andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Jul 14, 2008, 07:31 PM

The graph does not correspond to the actual data, does it? Anybody have the same behavior lately? I just noticed it today.

njuyhb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2008, 09:47 PM

Looks correct to me. That matches the chart that yahoo finance shows for today's apple chart. (I'm guessing those are one-minute bars.)

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2008, 10:06 PM

That doesn't look right to me either. If Apple is up 1.30 for the day the 1 day graph should be going up. Or maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way.

Or is it telling you that Apple is up 1.30 from the last time you checked the stock? That would make the graph make sense.

andreas_g4  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 15, 2008, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
That doesn't look right to me either. If Apple is up 1.30 for the day the 1 day graph should be going up. Or maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way.

Or is it telling you that Apple is up 1.30 from the last time you checked the stock? That would make the graph make sense.
Exactly. It looks like AAPL was at roughly $179 at 10 am, and at $173 when markets closed. It was never like that before.

Originally Posted by njuyhb;
Looks correct to me. That matches the chart that yahoo finance shows for today's apple chart. (I'm guessing those are one-minute bars.)
That is the chart from yahoo finance, since the Stocks widget gets its data from them. Maybe they have a hiccup?

andreas_g4  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 15, 2008, 04:27 AM

I must be missing something. The Graph from Yahoo! ist correct, I just checked with Google finance.

http://finance.google.com/finance?ch...q=NASDAQ:AAPL&

But I still do not understand how the numbers and the graph correlate in that case. The graph is obviously higher at the beginning of the day than it is at the end, so how's AAPL $1.30 up?

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2008, 11:57 AM

The Bloomberg app is much, much better for stock info.

Forum Links
Forum Rules