Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Is SoftwareUpdate broken in Tiger, or is it just me?

Is SoftwareUpdate broken in Tiger, or is it just me?
KianD
May 12, 2005, 08:46 AM

Since Tiger came out, theres been the Java 1.5 relese, iTunes updated and DVD Player updated. I would have expected at the very least the latter two to be available through Software Update.

I'm having general networking problems with Tiger, down to NTLM authentication seemingly being broken (bug report filed). I'm using a third-party reproxying server thats enough for Safari and Dashboard to get on the net, and for iTunes to get CDDB data, etc - so I doubt its that that has broken.

SoftwareUpdate seems to do the system scan, and reports that theres no updates available. Before I upgraded, there was an iPod firmware upgrade it was bugging me to download, so there should still be that, as well as the other stuff.

Is it broken for anyone else, or have Apple stopped putting anything but core OS updates through it?
Refusing to resign myself to using an Apple full time - cost so far: �152 for a new hard disk for my Vaio, �10 for new IDE cables for my desktop.

Randman
Posting Junkie
May 12, 2005, 08:50 AM

Other threads on this below yours. Should report it in feedback if your search isn't working.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

TampaDeveloper
Dedicated MacNNer
May 12, 2005, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by KianD
Before I upgraded, there was an iPod firmware upgrade it was bugging me to download, so there should still be that, as well as the other stuff.
Not if the update is included on the DVD.

Forum Links
Forum Rules