Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > You have a collect call from... ... an inmate in a texas state correctional facility.

You have a collect call from... ... an inmate in a texas state correctional facility.
chris_h
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 01:52 PM

pre-edit: this post is deadly boring don't bother reading it.
---
So, I'm back in Austin... no internet access till wednesday, though. I'm presently on a public library's internet terminal, getting my F.MNN and VT fix (it's like crack, it really is).

I left east texas not on the best of terms with my parents, but whatcan ya do.

I moved into a cheap little apartment, but I'm really loving it. Its right on the Colorado River ("Town Lake", as we call it), and I've been jogging every morning on these hike/bike trails all along the river... it's like living in a state park or something. The apartments are called hide-a-way because if you aren't looking for them (and sometimes even then) you'd never see it... very very small (only 10 rooms) and completely hidden by trees and such.

The place where I was supposed to come here and have a job is becoming shakey at best (I was originally supposed to start 2 days ago, then it got pushed to today, now they're saying next wednesday), so i've started looking for something else just in case... I'll work at freakin mcdonalds if I have to, I can't leave austin again.
best. city. ever.

Anyway, I guess the point of this thread is a plea for someone to catch me up on the last, oh, 2 weeks or so... even good ole' VT won't let you look at previous days without $$$.

At my apartment we have a community cat. It has taken a real liking to the hood of my car... I think it has something to do with that bizarre mitsubishi hump on the hood.

I see that F.MNN switched to vbulletin finally, thank the lord almighty.

There are many important things I don't feel like typing right now, so pretend I typed them here --> <-- and discuss.

Vanquish
Aug 16, 2002, 03:44 PM

this is indeed pretty boring, but nice to read How is the weather there in Austin ?

eep!
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 03:48 PM

I've been meaning to ask this for a while now. So here goes!
is that Bill Gates in your sig?
who's he kissing?
why's he kissing?
or is it like one of those ink blot things that reveals your subconcious thoughts?
if it's the last one, i'm going to go play with traffic

MikeM33
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 03:49 PM

I can't drive a car no thanks to my own stupidity, and will likely never drive a car again. You'd be surprised that there actually *IS* a whole world outside that humble town which you've grown accustomed to.

MikeM32

chris_h  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by eep!:
I've been meaning to ask this for a while now. So here goes!
is that Bill Gates in your sig?
On the left is Janet "butcher of waco" Reno.
On the right is Gray Davis (governer of california).

They are kissing. Enjoy never getting an erection again in your life.

Originally posted by Vanquish:

this is indeed pretty boring, but nice to read How is the weather there in Austin ?
Really really HOT.
Nice weather for a dip in the colorado river though... hmm... i'm gonna go do that now, actually. Say hello to europe for me.

Catch you cats later.
-chris

Forum Links
Forum Rules