Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Help - Citrix ICA Client/Remote Desktop

Help - Citrix ICA Client/Remote Desktop
drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Jul 29, 2009, 04:24 PM

My mom wanted to setup a remote desktop client so she can work from home.

We are using an iMac at home, Core 2 Duo, running 10.5.7. Using Cirtrix ICA Client 10.00.603 which is synced with Safari 4. Everything is working perfectly, except we cannot find what to use for the 'Insert' key.

According to any Citrix manuals I could find online, on a Mac, Insert can be used by pressing Command + Help or Option(Alt) + ESC + I. Neither of these work. Tried pressing random buttons (ie: Help, Home), nothing. The keyboard we use is the older style Mac Pro Bluetooth keyboard (before the aluminum ones).

Does anyone know what button can be used for Insert, or a way I can map the keys to make something into Insert?

Also, yes, I know, it's bizzare she uses Insert. It's for some old DOS program and Insert is used to make a new order. It's driving me nuts
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules