Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Unsanity ShapeShifter Contest, Last Minute!

Unsanity ShapeShifter Contest, Last Minute!
smeger
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 07:16 AM

Hey Theme Creators!

There's been a bit of confusion about when submissions for the Unsanity ShapeShifter Theme Contest need to be received. We need 'em by 12:00 AM Mountain Standard Time on February 2nd. In other words, midnight tonight.

So, burn that late-night oil and get your masterpiece done! And if you thought they were due last night, do those final tweaks and get something that's even more perfect in!

Good luck to all participants. Voting begins Tuesday morning!
( Last edited by smeger; Feb 2, 2004 at 09:13 AM. )
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 07:48 AM

The deadline date was indeed a bit confusing.. Thanks for clearing this up
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

mrtew
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2004, 07:56 AM

Wow, that is confusing.... I was looking forward to seeing all the new themes today! I guess one more day waiting won't kill me!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

mac15
Senior User
Feb 2, 2004, 08:34 AM

Smeger will this become a yearly thing like Pixelpalooza? I'd like to see it and it gives birth to great themes.

slava
Forum Regular
Feb 2, 2004, 08:42 AM

Originally posted by mac15:
Smeger will this become a yearly thing like Pixelpalooza? I'd like to see it and it gives birth to great themes.
That's our plan. No guarantees are given at this point (and I am not the right person to give guarantees of such kind anyway), but it's what we'd like to do -- and I think all of us will benefit from such an event. =)
// slava@unsanity

smeger  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 08:43 AM

Originally posted by mac15:
I'd definitely like to see this become a recurring event. It's great for everyone.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

solidfox
Feb 2, 2004, 09:02 AM

What's this mountain time? LA? -8hrs?

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2004, 09:08 AM

Originally posted by smeger:
Hey Theme Creators!

There's been a bit of confusion about when submissions for the Unsanity ShapeShifter Theme Contest need to be received. We need 'em by 12:00 PM Mountain Standard Time on February 2nd. In other words, midnight tonight.

So, burn that late-night oil and get your masterpiece done! And if you thought they were due last night, do those final tweaks and get something that's even more perfect in!

Good luck to all participants. Voting begins Tuesday morning!
12PM is noon

smeger  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by d4nth3m4n:
12PM is noon
Damnit, midnight monday! And I'm editing my post above...

Mountain Standard Time is GMT -7.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2004, 09:20 AM

solidfox
Feb 2, 2004, 09:40 AM

Great, then I have all night =)

cloudaj
Forum Regular
Feb 2, 2004, 11:09 AM

midnight monday already passed, so im guessing you mean midnight on 2/3/04...remember the day changes at midnight :O

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 01:29 PM

Oh, ok so tomorrow we'll be able to see them all. Cool, sucks that I'll be at school all day.
So I heard that they will be for download so people can try them and vote for them?
click one

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Feb 2, 2004, 01:55 PM

Ack! You scared the crud out of me! 12 AM February 2nd already passed, smeger. Do you mean February 3rd at 12:00 AM? I think you do, oh man do I hope that you do. The Unsanity site hasn't changed, so I assume that I can still submit my theme today, February 2nd. Anyway, moving on...I have to get home so I can finish Digital Device up!

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

smeger  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 02:04 PM

Damn it, I'm never setting a deadline at midnight for anything ever again. The deadline is 11:59:59 PM on February 2nd, MST, which is GMT-7 on the planet Earth while moving at a speed that is not approaching the speed of light and while not in the presence of an extremely dense concentration of energy or matter.

In other words, when you go to bed tonight.

Okay?

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2004, 02:10 PM

now i feel like a fool for refreshing the contest site every 15 minutes to see if anything had been posted late last night/early this morning.

i hope you unsanity guys don't mind latium being submitted again to fix a few remaining issues...
DigitalRamen sucks.

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Feb 2, 2004, 02:21 PM

Okay, got it smeger. If anyone else really needs help deciphering time zones, I found that http://www.time.gov was quick and helpful. Just click on the Mountain Time Zone and the site will load a live clock that shows the current time in the zone. Then all you have to do is compare it to yours. I figured that MST was about an hour behind CST, but I checked it out just to make sure.

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

smeger  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 02:53 PM

Originally posted by wibs:
i hope you unsanity guys don't mind latium being submitted again to fix a few remaining issues...
Don't mind at all! Make that beeeyotch perfect!

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 08:10 PM

How many entries have there been so far? I sure hope it's a good bunch.
click one

mrtew
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2004, 09:26 PM

Damn it, I'm never setting a deadline at midnight for anything ever again. The deadline is 11:59:59 PM on February 2nd, MST, which is GMT-7 on the planet Earth while moving at a speed that is not approaching the speed of light and while not in the presence of an extremely dense concentration of energy or matter.

In other words, when you go to bed tonight.

Okay?
You didn't mention anything about Tachyons??? Those can really add to the type of confusion that you are creating! I can't believe you shortened the contest deadline just to clear things up... That second that you cut off the contest could have really hurt someone's chances.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

smeger  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2004, 04:00 AM

Originally posted by mrtew:
You didn't mention anything about Tachyons??? Those can really add to the type of confusion that you are creating! I can't believe you shortened the contest deadline just to clear things up... That second that you cut off the contest could have really hurt someone's chances.
Tachyons don't effect relative time durations between reference frames, duh!

vandymac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 3, 2004, 11:57 AM

Depends on the color, they can do anything as long as the color's different
( Last edited by vandymac; Apr 19, 2004 at 02:53 AM. )
Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you? -Whitman

Forum Links
Forum Rules