Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mac OS 9.04/iBooks

Mac OS 9.04/iBooks
machaus
Apr 4, 2000, 10:54 PM

The 9.04 update didn't delete the "Sleep Memory Extension" on my iBook, and I can't find any documentation that this bug was fixed, making this extension un-needed. Arrrgh!

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2000, 11:03 PM

You aren't alone. I would like to know what was fixed/changed in Mac OS 9.0.4 but I can't find anything on Apple's web site or on my hard disk.

Hopefully, Apple will post something within a few days.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2000, 05:12 AM

there was a list of stuff that was updated that was posted to the MacNN news page a week or so ago though i can't find it now of course.

but:
"Update Mac OS 9 provides additional FireWire and USB support, enhances networking and power management, and improves audio, video and graphics functionality. From 9.0, v9.0.4 updates the following control panels: Apple Menu Options, Energy Saver, Keyboard, Software Update, Sound and Startup Disk. plus the following extensions: ATI graphics, Audio, CD/DVD Driver, FireWire, infrared group, Open Transport, OpenGL, Sound Manager, Voice Verification and many others."

from macsonly.com

Zwilnik
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2000, 06:33 AM

Just noticed that the Energy Saver gives you the option to switch off the display on the iBook rather than just dimming it.
Aaron

machaus
Apr 5, 2000, 12:02 PM

Well, I removed the "Sleep Memory Extension" and the preserve contents of ram option was still dimmed in the Energy Saver CP. Looks like they didn't fix it...

Denis
Apr 6, 2000, 11:13 PM

I try a conflict catcher test more than 20 times and found that all the extension from FaxstfPro (5.2) are in conflicts with sleep. So I install the bundle edition of FaxStf 5.1 and the problem with sleep and my iBook is gone...

Except that I have a new problem with netscape... maybe it<s because I installed the internation english version of 9.04 over an north american version. I ll make a new clean install of everything and let you know what s happen.

ndesign
Apr 8, 2000, 06:46 PM

Personlly, I dumped FaxSTF as soon as I got each of my Macs. (G4 400, G3 PB, iMac DV and iBook).

FaxSTF can cause lots of problems, it always seems to conflict with something and the software ain't that great.

I upgraded to Global Fax. It's much better software, easier to use and has caused "zero" problems on all my machines..

Good Luck!

Forum Links
Forum Rules