Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > NOISSY iMac DV 400 after 9.0.4

NOISSY iMac DV 400 after 9.0.4
Goldorak
Apr 7, 2000, 03:39 PM

Since I have intalled Mac OS 9.0.4 update on my iMac 400 DV, my computer is much more noissy than before. I have understand that in this new update , Apple has made changes on the "power management" . What is it about ? I can ear the spin of the internal HD all day.
What can I do to stop that ?
Help.....

shanetwain
Apr 9, 2000, 01:16 AM

I have the same problem, except that my iMac started doing it 3 days after I got it. So I immediately brought it in. They replaced the hard drive because it was
"A little louder than normal". After I got it back it seemed ok, but then that same day it started doing it again. The software version that I had installed was 9.0 and even with upgrading the noise still remains. Pretty annoying isn't it?

Rick58
Apr 9, 2000, 01:55 AM

I updated to 9.0.4 (iMac DV SE); no change in noise level. maybe your HD decided to have a problem by coincidence?

Forum Links
Forum Rules