Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > CrossOver help

CrossOver help
bballe336
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2007, 01:35 AM

So I have CrossOver and it gives me error messages when installing unsupported programs. Mainly that I am missing some sort of windows system file. I am wondering where I can get these files (will I need an XP disk?) and where I need to install them (or which folders to put them in)? Am I on the right track or is there something else I need to do to make these programs run? Also, I'd like to run solidworks 2007, will it run through CrossFire or should I get bootcamp on my machine?

Thanks for the help.

Suikolove
Jul 18, 2007, 01:46 AM

Are there any written system specifications that came with CrossOver? If so, does it list "Mac" under "Operating Systems"?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 18, 2007, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Suikolove View Post
Are there any written system specifications that came with CrossOver? If so, does it list "Mac" under "Operating Systems"?
Crossover works fine on the Mac. I'm a registered owner of the Mac version.

What file is it asking for specifically?

Be aware that Crossover maintains a list of what applications do and do not work. You can find it here:
CodeWeavers - Compatibility - Search

They have an entry for Crossover Office. It looks like they have it partially working on Linux. No word on if they have it working on the Mac.
CodeWeavers - Compatibility - View App - SolidWorks 2007
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Suikolove
Jul 18, 2007, 09:34 AM

What I was asking was whether or not he accidentally got a Windows version or something.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 18, 2007, 09:58 AM

What I was asking was whether or not he accidentally got a Windows version or something.
They don't make Crossover for Windows. Only Mac and Linux. The whole point of Crossover is that it lets you run Windows apps on a Mac or a Linux machine.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Suikolove
Jul 18, 2007, 11:03 AM

Ohhh... then I don't suppose you'd need a program that lets you run the Windows OS just to be able to install a program to run the Windows OS.

bballe336  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2007, 11:50 AM

Seriously? How would I have gotten it installed if it were a windows version?

bballe336  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2007, 05:05 PM

What is the default programs folder for crossover? I changed mine and now have to search through spotlight to find my programs.

Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules