Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > ATX powermac cases?

ATX powermac cases?
bballe336
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2007, 05:14 PM

Does anyone know if any of the powermac G4 or G3 cases have standard ATX mounting holes for motherboards or power supplies?

Thanks,
-Eli

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 27, 2007, 06:15 PM

Negative.

The G3 Beige through the QuickSilver are technically 'based' on ATX, but in practice have very little in common with standard ATX other than the basic shape and orientation of the motherboard.

You'll be able to modify a standard ATX motherboard plate to accomodate a G4 board, but you will have to redrill your motherboard mounts. If you're lucky, one or two of the mounts in your case might line up with the G4 board. But you're gonna end up drilling.

Such was the case when I put my old Digital Audio board into a Kingwin aluminium case a few years back.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Forum Links
Forum Rules