Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Localized Versions of OS 8.6 Update

Localized Versions of OS 8.6 Update
Peyo
May 11, 1999, 05:16 AM

If you visit http://asu.info.apple.com/, enter "8.6" in the search field, select your language/region and then hit "search", a page with your localized update will be displayed.

Apple are currently working on posting this information and linking to the update from their localized websites, but this is probably the easiest way to download the update as of now!

gbrooker
May 11, 1999, 07:05 AM

The only trouble is, you have to guess what localisation to use. I run the English-British localisation. B-MacOS. The update is available in the English-North_American local, but not British nor English-International.

Does this mean we have to wait, or use the US version ? Any one given it a go ?

Equally, German local has an update, but not German-Swiss, which one to use ? They need links to cover the other supported locals, and info on which locals are supported by which update

Anton
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 1999, 08:29 AM

Did as you said and got a link to the Swedish version of 8.6 but the file "could not be found" on Apple's servers... Irritating.

IanMJ
May 11, 1999, 10:07 AM

I've used the downloadable 8.6 on a UK Mac system. It is the American version and does change the wastebasket to trash and colour to color but I can't find any other problems.

Forum Links
Forum Rules