Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What Is This? Body Parts For Sale?

What Is This? Body Parts For Sale?
Thread Tools
Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Working. What about you?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 09:29 AM
 
Seriously, check out this thread:

http://miami.craigslist.org/for/40266191.html

Is this person suggesting that he's selling his own body organs? Is this legal? Do you think it's for real?
     
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Retired.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 09:30 AM
 
Been done on eBay already. In fact, they had to "amend" the eBay rules because of it...
     
mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 09:33 AM
 
Originally posted by gorickey:
Been done on eBay already. In fact, they had to "amend" the eBay rules because of it...
I picked up a few livers from some Mormon kids a few years back... the way I drink, they will come in handy. They even included shipping with the eBay purchase!
     
Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In bits and pieces on Cloud City
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 09:51 AM
 
If someone offered me a couple million I would give them a kidney.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"
     
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Retired.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 09:52 AM
 
Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
If someone offered me a couple million I would give them a kidney.
I'm sure most would.
     
Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Working. What about you?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 10:12 AM
 
If someone offered me a couple million I would give them a kidney.
Seriously?

There's no way I would sell my body parts. Not for $2 million and not for $10 million.

What happens if you get sick or you get older and your remaining kidney goes bad? What do you do then? Live in dialysis for the rest of your life? How much does that cost? Is it worth it? I don't think so.

Now, if a family member was sick and needed a kidney or a piece of my liver and I could provide it I would.

But, I wouldn't sell my organs just for profit.
     
mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 10:21 AM
 
Originally posted by Cody Dawg:
Seriously?

There's no way I would sell my body parts. Not for $2 million and not for $10 million.

What happens if you get sick or you get older and your remaining kidney goes bad? What do you do then? Live in dialysis for the rest of your life? How much does that cost? Is it worth it? I don't think so.

Now, if a family member was sick and needed a kidney or a piece of my liver and I could provide it I would.

But, I wouldn't sell my organs just for profit.
Would you have your little toe on your left foot transplanted if I could give you enough money to never have to work again, buy a nice house, nice car (for the rest of your life) and to have enough money to ensure that your children would go to a good college?

You can live a perfectly normal life with one kidney.

Considering the quality of life you would have... 2,000,000 is an amazing deal! It's not like you are giving your lungs or heart.
     
Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Working. What about you?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 10:34 AM
 
No, I wouldn't sell my left toe, LOL!



I happen to really LIKE my body.

Now, just for the record, I AM an organ donor as listed on my driver's license. They can have every last scrap of me if it will help someone else live.

I'm just not doing it while I'm still using it!

     
wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Boston, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 11:30 AM
 
It's illegal in the United States. I don't think that I would want to sell my kidney. The surgery for the donor is risky and the recovery is usually loner with increased pain.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill
     
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Retired.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 11:30 AM
 
Originally posted by Cody Dawg:
There's no way I would sell my body parts. Not for $2 million and not for $10 million.
How 'bout eleventy billion®?
     
Sealobo
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Intertube
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 08:06 PM
 
If someone offered me a couple million i would give them one of my three testicles.
     
nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Minnesota - Twins Territory
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 08:13 PM
 
Originally posted by Sealobo:
If someone offered me a couple million i would give them one of my three testicles.
would you throw in your third nipple too?

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."
     
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Retired.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 08:13 PM
 
Originally posted by Sealobo:
If someone offered me a couple million i would give them one of my three testicles.
You are a gentleman, a scholar, and an alien all in one...
     
TailsToo
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Westside Island
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 24, 2004, 09:12 PM
 
Originally posted by Cody Dawg:
No, I wouldn't sell my left toe, LOL!



I happen to really LIKE my body.

Now, just for the record, I AM an organ donor as listed on my driver's license. They can have every last scrap of me if it will help someone else live.

I'm just not doing it while I'm still using it!


I'm with you! I need everything I have! Not enough money in the world for parts of my body!
     
   
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,