Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > FCP weird problem

FCP weird problem
LarsCA
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2006, 01:36 PM

I might have hit a shortcut key without knowing it... Here's the problem. Whenever I want to either change the length of a transition, the speed of a clip, or anything that involves a small window to open where I can type numbers (timecode, percent of speed, frames, etc.) the numbers are highlighted, I can click on them with my mouse, but I can't type anything.

Example: I want to change the speed of a clip. I highlight the clip in the timeline, control click it, go to "speed", the window opens. I type 75, but the highlight in blue is still in the window, at 100%.

I tried trashing prefs, rebooting, different clips, different approaches, double click on a transition to open in viewer and change the transition length there, new sequence, new project... anything under the sun, nothing works. Does anyone have any ideas short of tossing the computer through a window?

Forum Links
Forum Rules