Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTT: Great Gaming PC!

WTT: Great Gaming PC!
Justin216
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2006, 02:26 PM

Heya all,

Been awhile since I've posted, but I have a machine that I'd like to part with to complete my migration to OSX. Machine was built about 3 months ago and has been rock solid since then with high uptime, rarely turned it off other than for updates. Comes with legit XP Pro and Office 2003 licenses.

Processor: Pentium D 950 3.4ghz Dual Core

Motherboard: ECS P4M800Pro-M w/ SATA RAID

Hard Drives: 2 x WD 200gb 8mb cache 7200rpm (Set in RAID 0 for Performance) = ~380gb usable space

Memory: 2 x Patriot 1gb DDR stick, excellent timings = 2048mb RAM

Video: ATI X800GTO AGP card, came with 16 pipes unlocked instead of 12, essentially an X850XT

DVD Drive: 16x DVD+-RW DL burner (NEC 3550A)

Case: Asus-branded, 2x5 1/4 and 2x3 1/2. Very excellent construction.

Other Devices: Linksys PCI Wireless-G card and Floppy drive

Excellent performance out of this machine. I was primarily using it to play World of Warcraft, and enjoyed gameplay consistantly above 60-70fps with all settings maxed out @ 1280x1024 (Monitor's limit). Extremely fast to boot and very stable. Can easily be switched over to Raid 1 for data security.

I'm looking for another Intel Mac, but am not against one of the last gen PPC machines either. Notebooks and Desktops welcome. Ideally, one of the later rev 15" PPC Powerbooks would be fabulous. My machine, when first put together, came out to around $1300, then purchasing the legit licenses for XP and Office 2003 added a couple hundred more to that. I know how prices decay, so just looking for ballpark stuff.

Thanks,
Justin

Forum Links
Forum Rules