Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Mac sync to Nokia 5800

Mac sync to Nokia 5800
Mr Vic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2010, 04:37 PM

I’m trying to sync my new phone with my Mac (OSX v10.4.11). As of yet I have had no joy. Downloaded iSync plug in for the phone from Nokia and installed as instructed. Proceeded to set up blue tooth device, passkey entered on phone I then get the gathering additional information about your phone on my Mac with the spinning dial which seems just to spin & spin and not go any further! The phone states that there is no longer a connection. Now if I quit the set up Bluetooth device go back into System Pref – Bluetooth it shows that the phone is paired with the computer, also on the phone it says it is paired. Now I go to iSync Device – Add device, the pop up says cannot connect to this device although it shows the device name with the Bluetooth sign next to it. To test I then try to Bluetooth something from the Mac to the phone, the phone shows no indication of connection while the Mac goes through the proceedures, connecting to phone, then displays message the file transfer failed: the connection failed. Also phone to Mac doesn’t connect. I’ve done all the usual things emptied /deleted cache, restart computer, deleted re-installed iSync plug in am I missing something! Mac or phone problem?
Please someone help!

Mr V

Forum Links
Forum Rules