Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail/Keychain/Password Problem

Mail/Keychain/Password Problem
LDCahan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2004, 01:11 AM

From time to time, my email accounts go offline or I get messages about keychain and password--usually I ignore it, or put mailbox back on line and it works fine. Tonight, however, it has lasted all night. I've fixed permissions, repaired keychain, rebooted--all to no avail. Any advice?

SSharon
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2004, 01:31 AM

This happens with me at school every night. I am at the university of marylnad and every morning at 4:13am their server must resart because I start getting error messages and the dock icon bounces away (I hate this the most, just bounce once damnit!), so I click OK 3/4/5 times whatever it is and am done with it until the next day. Sometimes though I get an error more like the one you describe where it rejects my password and asks me to re-enter it, I ignore it and quit and relaunch Mail.app in the morning then. Out of curiosity what time interval do you Mail set to check for new messages? I have mine set for 1 minute and that is why I get the errors every night. If you change it to a larger interval you can probably avoid the problem. If you say that this one time it doesn't work all night the chances are that the problem is on their end not yours.

As an aside, can anyone help me write an applescript (or whatever is capable of doing this) that will quit Mail daily at 4:10am and relaunch it at 4:15am. Thanks if you can help out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules