Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > PM 6500 & printing via Printer port

PM 6500 & printing via Printer port
jefvc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2002, 04:11 PM

I have a PM 6500 (OS 8.6, /196MB RAM) I have been having trouble printing to the printer port with a Stylewriter 2500. I have downloaded the new print drivers. I can print throught the modem port. My problem is I have a older Ricoh digital camera and need the modem port for that. I have been switching connections and restarting to connect to the device in use at the time. The error is that either the printer port is in use or check your connections. It seems that the port is blocked I cannot find the software that is blocking the port. I have a cable modem/network card connected. Thanks
Jef

saxman
May 30, 2002, 11:21 PM

Hi

Are you using any audio software, such as OMS? These can sometimes stuff things up with the ports.

Cheers
Scotty
NZ

Classic 4/40
LC575 36/330
PB 5300c 64/750
PB 1400c 32/1GB
PM 5500/250 AIO 128/4 "blackmac"
iMac original G3 233 288/6
Power Mac G4 400 768/10+18
iMac G5 2.0 17" 1GB/180GB

I told my Dad that I wanted to be a musician when I grew up, and he said "Son, you can't have it both ways."

<DoobieDo>
May 30, 2002, 11:30 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by jefvc:
<strong>I have a PM 6500 (OS 8.6, /196MB RAM) I have been having trouble printing to the printer port with a Stylewriter 2500. I have downloaded the new print drivers. I can print throught the modem port. My problem is I have a older Ricoh digital camera and need the modem port for that. I have been switching connections and restarting to connect to the device in use at the time. The error is that either the printer port is in use or check your connections. It seems that the port is blocked I cannot find the software that is blocking the port. I have a cable modem/network card connected. Thanks</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">you might want to check and see if appletalk is using the printer port.

Forum Links
Forum Rules