Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Cancelling order after item shipped

Cancelling order after item shipped
hemant
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2006, 10:10 PM

I had placed two seperate orders for a MacBook and a refurb PowerBook 12". I then decided to cancel my PowerBook order but before I could do so it was shipped (estimated ship date was Feb 23 but it shipped on 18th). Now if I'll have to pay the return shipment to send it back. Can I refuse to accept the FedEx shipment instead?

colosodian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2006, 10:18 PM

In your position, I would contact apple and explain your situation. They might be able to stop shipment. If your macbook has not shipped yet, you can refuse delivery on the powerbook, but imagine how horrible it would be if you accidentaly refused shipment on the macbook...

rparke1
Banned
Feb 19, 2006, 10:42 PM

why not just sell the refurb and make some money?

hemant  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2006, 08:13 AM

I tried talkin to an apple rep but he said I'll have to accept the shipment and then contact them for a RMA and pay for shipping it back. The Mac Book is being delivered to my University computer store so that should be no problem. I'm not sure if I'll recover the money if I intend to sell the Power Book instead of returning it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules