Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Problem with Mac OS 9.0.4 and Office 98 Mac OS Edition...

Problem with Mac OS 9.0.4 and Office 98 Mac OS Edition...
Bball672
Apr 13, 2000, 03:54 PM

The problem that I am experiencing is happening on a Yosemite Power Macintosh G3 loaded with Mac OS 9.0.4 and the application and system software for Microsoft Office 98 Mac OS Edition. I have Virtual Memory on. What the problem I am experiencing is, is when I go to "Customize..." on the Office Menu Bar or whatever you refer to it as, I open it, and well it opens, but it opens nothing. I tried opening it through the control panels area of the system folder and that did not work either. I expected to be able to customize my Office Menu Bar. Can someone please help me as soon as possible?

CyberGreg
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2000, 04:54 PM

This is a real quick reply... I don't have the full story.

It has to do with how OS 9.x now handles Control Panel programs and the memory space they occupy. I read about a keyboard key combination to allow misbehaving control panels to open in OS 9.0. I don�t know if I read it in MacAddict or MacWorld.

Sorry I can�t help more�

Try holding command while opening the MS Office Manager control panel, or perhaps some other combinations.

Good Luck

------------------
PC's are popular... MAC's Rule!

[This message has been edited by CyberGreg (edited 04-13-2000).]
Mac's Rule!

13.3" 1.83 MacBook, 2GB, 120GB
13.3" 1.83 MacBook, 2GB, 80GB
Mac Mini PVR, 1.66Ghz w/2GB, eyeTV 2.0, 100GB HD and 50" DLP
Mac Mini, 1.83Ghz (before Apple released one) w/2GB, 80GB HD and 20" LCD

Bball672
Apr 13, 2000, 05:10 PM

It's Command and Control, Thank you so much CyberGreg!

Forum Links
Forum Rules