Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > This forum is so last year. Check out the NEW double-secret DL forum!

This forum is so last year. Check out the NEW double-secret DL forum!
cchris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2008, 09:32 AM

Apparently, this forum died and nobody told us about it. There's a new DL "Customer service & support for Delicious Monster" site where all the cool kids hang out. Wil even drops in to answer questions!

Thanks to Zoe Smith for the link!
You can be honorable or you can make money.
--slogan of The Delicious Generation

Zoe Smith
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2008, 10:47 AM

Lol, I do think it's a bit mad to have a getsatisfaction and this forum.. and still Wil posts updates of the development & fixes via his twitter/blog and neither of these 'official' places anyway!

hmelman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2008, 07:34 PM

Here's a radical idea...put a link to the correct forum on the company web site. It's crazy I know. Or even use the company blog to announce a new forum site where company employees will read and possibly post information.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2008, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by hmelman View Post
Here's a radical idea...put a link to the correct forum on the company web site. It's crazy I know. Or even use the company blog to announce a new forum site where company employees will read and possibly post information.
They should rename the company to Delicious Clowns.

For Pete's sakes, the level of unprofessionalism in the last months is unbelievable...

-t

illitrate
Jul 23, 2008, 02:58 PM

does anyone else find that site _really_ hard to use? or am i just getting old and out of touch with the way these young'uns do webforums these days?
although i guess, by have the "I have this question too" button then it saves a thread from being filled with "me too" posts
-- ---
"one day we're all gonna die and then we'll see who's laughing"

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 24, 2008, 03:12 AM

We're just trying out the GetSatisfaction forums to see if we can keep it a little cleaner which will *hopefully* make everyone happier if they can find answers to their questions. We've had some positive feedback from other companies using it, so just signed up last week. However, signing up for forums (at least in my opinion) is kind of a pain, so we don't want to bounce our users all over the place looking for the answers they seek. Once we decide if it's a good fit, we'll put a link to it from the website.

Any specific feedback about why you do or do not like the forums would be helpful--we do want to make our users happy, so let us know what we can do to help.

Zoe Smith
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2008, 07:27 AM

Personally I much prefer getsatisfaction to these forums, I find the site a lot easier to use and it is a nice central location for different support problems - I use the tapulous, twitter, apple, etc sections as well - just the one log in, one central place for support. I think it works

Also, the 'I have this problem too/I think this is a good idea too' buttons really do minimise the 'me too' posts on forums, but keep the usefulness of knowing how many people are affected by the different problems.

MDNZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2008, 04:42 PM

GetSatisfaction looks great and has a lot of neat features that are hard to fudge on a flat forum board. Smart searching for related posts is great for avoiding duplicates, and as Zoe mentioned the 'I have this problem too' is great. Also good to classify problems, ideas, questions and discussion. Ability to mark inappropriate and have mood is good. Separating replies and comments to post shows clearer thread of conversation. GetSatisfaction has a much cleaner intuitive interface and fits in with multi product/company community feedback.

Forum Links
Forum Rules