Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Burning multiple iMovies to one DVD

Burning multiple iMovies to one DVD
Gamoe
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2007, 08:09 AM

Well, essentially I've made two short movies using iMovie that I now want to burn with iDVD. I want both movies to be selectable via the same main screen, That's all. But iDVD seems rather close-minded to this idea so far, insisting that projects must be burned separately. How might I convince it otherwise?

msuper69
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2007, 09:05 AM

Easy as pie.

Create a custom theme and simply drag your movies onto the main menu.

Gamoe  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by msuper69 View Post
Easy as pie.

Create a custom theme and simply drag your movies onto the main menu.
What do I drag in-- The iMovie Project files?

Old Toad
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2007, 08:13 PM

You can do it one of three ways:

1 - in iMovie use the Share->Send to iDVD menu.
2 - use the Export menu option, select the movie parameters you want and save it to the Movies folder. Then drag the resulting file into the open iDVD menu.
3 - once the movie is completed, save and close iMovie. Locate the iMovie project file and open it by Control-clicking on the file. In the Contextual menu select Show Package Contents. Then navigate down to the Shared Movies/iDVD folder. In there will be a referenced movie file (media components are only referenced at this stage and transition, etc. have not been rendered) that you can drag into iDVD;s menu window. Doing it this way avoids having iMovie do the rendering of transitions, etc. before putting into iDVD. When iDVD does it's thing it will encode it it and provide a little better image quality than having it rendered/endoded twice.

Forum Links
Forum Rules