Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Some photos only made it to "last 12 months" folder in iPhoto

Some photos only made it to "last 12 months" folder in iPhoto
ClaraT
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2013, 11:43 AM

Not sure if this belongs in the iPhone forum but hoping to get an answer so here goes with apologies.

Some of the photos from my last import from the iPhone into iPhoto only show up in the "last 12 months" folder.

After doing a rebuild of thumbnails in iPhoto, I synced my phone with my mac. About 150 photos got imported and show up in the "last import", "last 12 months" and "photos" except for 15 photos that are ONLY in "last 12 months". These 15 are missing in "last import", "photos" and "events".

Any ideas as to why this happened and how I can get them into the main photo area of iPhoto?
I was worried I didn't have them at all and was relieved to have stumbled onto them in the "last 12 months" folder.

Thanks.

andi*pandi
Mar 13, 2013, 01:41 PM

Hmm. Not sure on that.

When you go to view>hidden photos, do they appear? Were there any errors when you rebuilding the iphoto thumbnails?

How's your hard drive doing?

ClaraT  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2013, 03:10 PM

No, they don't show up in view>hidden photos.

No errors during rebuild. Went smoothly-better than I expected.

HD seems fine. Just replaced it a few months back.

Old Toad
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 19, 2013, 06:00 PM

Right click on one of the photos in the last 12 months smart album and select Show Event from the contextual menu. That will take you to the Event it's in.

Forum Links
Forum Rules