Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > would anyone like to create a program for me? ...

would anyone like to create a program for me? ...
tylor
Forum Regular
Jul 15, 2005, 08:14 AM

i have an idea for a program that i would like to sell, so i need a coder. i think it will be fairly easy to do, and it has to do with resizing an image. so, if any coder is interested... let me know

Amorya
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2005, 09:39 AM

What kind of price are you looking at?
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

tylor  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 15, 2005, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Amorya
What kind of price are you looking at?
the program would only sell for a few bucks. like i said it's really simple. i don't want to go too into detail ya know?

also, i don't want to pay too much to get it made -- i honestly don't think it would take more than a day to make (i've been around some coding, but never with macs)

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2005, 12:37 PM

Sorry, I just had to post that I laughed heartily at this thread.

tylor  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by wataru
Sorry, I just had to post that I laughed heartily at this thread.
i'm glad i could help

OogaBooga
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2005, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by tylor
i have an idea for a program that i would like to sell, so i need a coder. i think it will be fairly easy to do, and it has to do with resizing an image. so, if any coder is interested... let me know
Patience, young grasshopper. Learn a little Cocoa/Objective C first, and then you'll be able to do it yourself. It's not like XCode Tools is expensive.

Nothing comes easy.

I suggest getting a book on Objective-C, then getting one on Cocoa. Once you have that knowledge, you'll be making your own programs in no time!

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 18, 2005, 06:48 PM

Yeah, threads along the lines of "Who wants to help me make a few bucks?" don't generally work that well...
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2005, 03:07 AM

Especially when it's based on speculative nonspecific handwaving

tylor  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 19, 2005, 07:14 PM

guys, i wouldn't expect you to make the program for free; sorry if i mislead...

parallax
Admin Emeritus
Jul 20, 2005, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by tylor

the program would only sell for a few bucks. like i said it's really simple. i don't want to go too into detail ya know?

also, i don't want to pay too much to get it made -- i honestly don't think it would take more than a day to make (i've been around some coding, but never with macs)
would anyone like to create a program for me? => would anyone like to work with me on a program?, would anyone like to help me create a program?

the program would only sell for a few bucks. => and I am willing to negotiate a fair distribution of the profits.

"also, i don't want to pay too much to get it made -- i honestly don't think it would take more than a day to make (i've been around some coding, but never with macs)" says to me you just want some poor sap to do all of your work for you so you can make a few bucks just by imagining some idea.

I don't know how much software engineering you've been around but there are very few usable programs so simple that a day of work is sufficient. And those that are are not intended to cost money.

It's not like many of us have so much spare time that the idea of becoming somebody's code monkey in our leisure time is a very appealing prospect.

Just some friendly advice.
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain" (Schiller)

Forum Links
Forum Rules