Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Mac user to PC for work...back to mac :)

Mac user to PC for work...back to mac :)
ero2
Dedicated MacNNer
May 11, 2007, 02:06 PM

So, I bought a PC because I recently started playing WOW pretty hardcore (a lot LOL, like the south park people) and everyone told me that it would look better, play smoother, etc on a PC, and my outlook through work is VERY tempermental with macs. HOWEVER, I have ultimately decided to come back to apple...I freakin hate Vista. But my question is, I am going to get another MBP, but when I played games on my C2D MBP before it would get CRAZY hot, is that ridiculously shortnening the life of my MBP? Or should I just get applecare and not worry about it because it would be covered? Any semi hardcore games in here that use macs and have them last just fine?

(I know maybe this should be posted in games, but wanted the most visibility to get everyone's opinions on heat and shortnening the life of my MBP.)

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2007, 02:41 PM

Don't worry about it. Apples can have a tendency to run a little hot, but it's not a big deal.

Forum Links
Forum Rules