Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Kinda Mad at Apple

Kinda Mad at Apple
TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2006, 10:30 PM

I have legally downloaded all of the spisodes of The Office for Season 2 (great show, I love it!) on the iTunes Music/Video/TV Show Store and here's my problem.

Here's the deal. I downloaded them and loaded them onto my iPod. The ONLY episode that is correctly categorized as "Season 2" is the last episode "The Carpet". The rest of the episdoes are not categorized as a season number. Therefore, when browsing on my iPod I get this:

Videos>TV Shows>The Office>Season 0 (All the files are in this one except for "The Carpet")
Videos>TV Shows>The Office>Season 2 (Only "The Carpet" is in this one)

The thing that's bothering me is... I figured I could just use "Lostify" to change them ALL to Season 2 and it would be all set... but, I can't do that since Lostify does not fix/change iTMS purchased videos.

So now my iPod looks dumb when trying to browse my episdoes of The Office.

PLUG: If you get a chance, download one of the episodes if you haven't seen it yet, it's hilarious. It's on every Thursday night at 9:30PM EST.

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2006, 11:57 PM

I don't have an iPod with video, but you can't just manually change all the track names and "album" names or whatever, like you can w/regular music tracks?

I'm pretty anal about stuff like that, too. When I first got my iPod (1st Gen 5 GB), it must've taken me a week to go through and make everything just right.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

TheSpaz  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2006, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by DigitalEl
I don't have an iPod with video, but you can't just manually change all the track names and "album" names or whatever, like you can w/regular music tracks?

I'm pretty anal about stuff like that, too. When I first got my iPod (1st Gen 5 GB), it must've taken me a week to go through and make everything just right.
Apple uses hidden tags to categorize their TV shows correctly. Right now, iTunes cannot edit these hidden tags such as Season Number, TV Show, Network and stuff like that. Like I said earlier, Lostify can edit these, but only on regular MP4 videos... it does not work on iTMS M4V Protected videos.... but, yeah, I'm picky about stuff like that too.

janikphoto
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2006, 03:43 PM

i love the office but am experiencing the same issue where I can't easily group any of my vids. I assume that apple will fix this in upcoming software upgrades...

Forum Links
Forum Rules