Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > More Pew

More Pew
subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2013, 04:34 PM

These are cheap reproductions, rather than the Imperial blaster Sterling I have, (which is vintage with the action melted into slag), but it's still a Han Solo blaster AFAIC.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2013, 05:49 PM

PEW PEW PEW

...I can't wait until I can afford to get a gun.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2013, 06:04 PM

Well, it's half a Han Solo blaster.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2013, 06:31 PM

The important half.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2013, 06:45 PM

I disagree.

Mausers are beautiful and historic guns, but the bits that make one Han Solo's Blaster are those that are NOT stock.

Do you have a stock Sterling, or one modded to Stormtrooper spec?

andi*pandi
Sep 4, 2013, 09:47 PM

I thought this thread would be about these:

Chongo, make a meme of it!

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2013, 10:00 PM

@Spheric

I disagree. The broomhandle is what makes it.

The Sterling is stock. I didn't even realize it was the raw material for a blaster when I got it.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2013, 10:04 PM

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2013, 10:08 PM

Nice. How much did you spend on those replicas?

I purchased my first hand gun a few days ago.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2013, 10:10 PM

Zero

I always make friends with the armorer.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2013, 10:44 PM

The thing you have to remember about Solo's blaster which makes the handle so iconic is it's made of wood.

That's really distinctive. "Space" weapons are metal. That's the only wood in the entire canon until Dagobah.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 4, 2013, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I thought this thread would be about these:

Chongo, make a meme of it!

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2013, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Nice. How much did you spend on those replicas?

I purchased my first hand gun a few days ago.

How do you like it?

I've always conceptually liked a 92, but the reality is a double stacked magazine makes a gun too big for my hands. If I were to get a real pistol (not likely in Chicago), I'd go old skool 1911.

I'd maybe be tempted to nod at safety with a double-action version, but shit... one of the things which makes a 1911 so great is the insanely light single-action trigger pull.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2013, 10:29 AM

I was going to say - isn't it pretty much impossible for civilians to own firearms in Chicago?

Meanwhile, in Virginia, all it takes is $75 and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to get a CCL. Whoo!

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2013, 12:32 PM

It's pistols specifically. Your rights still seem to apply to rifles and shotguns.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2013, 12:49 PM

Yeah cause those TOTES can't be used to kill people.

Here in VA, the state actually had to step in and stop the counties in NOVA from making it impossible to get a CCL - they require you to go to the county courthouse, provide a SASE (which is ridiculous - they can't spend the $2 to mail the permit?), and in Fairfax County, the county clerk's office waits until the very last day of the 45-day waiting period to run a background check and approve the license application.

That kind of shit only hurts law-abiding citizens. It doesn't stop a criminal from walking into a convenience store with a gun and shooting up the place over a few hundred dollars.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 5, 2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
They do, however, make up the tiny minority of gun related deaths.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2013, 12:59 PM

That's the thing. I understand it conceptually.

Pistols are either emergency weapons, or weapons meant for nefarious purposes. That's pretty much it.

The problem arises when I can take one step outside of Cook county and can buy all the shit I want.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 5, 2013, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
The problem arises when I can take one step outside of Cook county and can buy all the shit I want.
Yeah, we've discussed this in the past.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2013, 01:13 PM

That was for people keeping score at home.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 5, 2013, 01:16 PM

That was for people keeping score at home.
Since this is the internet, everyone.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2013, 01:19 PM

Here in VA, the state actually had to step in and stop the counties in NOVA from making it impossible to get a CCL - they require you to go to the county courthouse, provide a SASE (which is ridiculous - they can't spend the $2 to mail the permit?), and in Fairfax County, the county clerk's office waits until the very last day of the 45-day waiting period to run a background check and approve the license application.

That kind of shit only hurts law-abiding citizens. It doesn't stop a criminal from walking into a convenience store with a gun and shooting up the place over a few hundred dollars.
Fairfax County has become a libural haven, so I moved to gun loving Loudoun County.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2013, 02:27 PM

Pistols are either emergency weapons, or weapons meant for nefarious purposes. That's pretty much it.
And target practice. Can't use a rifle for target practice in a small arms indoor range.

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Fairfax County has become a libural haven, so I moved to gun loving Loudoun County.
I'm a snob. I won't live outside the loop unless I absolutely have to. If it comes to that, I should probably just shoot myself instead.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2013, 02:38 PM

And target practice. Can't use a rifle for target practice in a small arms indoor range.
What do you target once you stop practicing?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 5, 2013, 02:41 PM

Fat people.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2013, 03:16 PM

There's a good "she just smoked another fatty!" joke here somewhere, I'm just not smart enough to make it
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2013, 05:33 PM

I don't know, your butt?

In all honesty, though, going to the firing range is just as much of a hobby as fishing for some people. It's enjoyable to learn how to shoot and challenge yourself to get better and better at aiming, resisting recoil, etc.

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Fat people.
You don't have to have much target practice to hit a landwhale...

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
As a fellow VA resident, have you heard about Richard Sarvis yet, btw?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2013, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Fat people.

(Sorry shif, but that was just too good — and it wasn't Laminar posting it! )

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 5, 2013, 09:20 PM

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 7, 2013, 09:12 PM

The last Broomhandle I saw in shooting condition was priced at somewhere above $2000, though it was in .30 Mauser at least. Lugers, on the other hand (as pictured in the OP) sort of start around there.

I was just discussing the Sterling-as-Stormtrooper rifle issue with a few folks today. Lucas wanted the weaponry to seem real on screen, and the best way to make that happen was to make the cast KNOW they were handling real firearms. I think it helped with the cast "feeling" that they were using real weapons. I can't help but flashback to the old Flash Gordon serials (weekend TV when I was a kid), and seeing the actresses holding these exceptionally cheesy "ray guns" right in front of their faces and all but saying "pew, pew-pew!" when they "fired" them...

Subego, if you think the Beretta 92 is too big for your hands, you may not like the 1911; while it's not as thick, it's longer front-to-back, so the overall circumference is pretty big. It's grip is about 5 1/2" around, while typical double-stack 9mms are anywhere from 5 1/2" to 5 3/4" around. It winds up being a matter of proportion; hand length versus finger length...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 7, 2013, 09:46 PM

That makes sense. I have a normal sized palm, but stubby fingers.

The 1911 has that "natural extension of your hand" thing going on because my palm is flat against the grip. With the 92, my palm sorta curves around.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 7, 2013, 11:56 PM

I have a tiny hand, and I'm weak. I've used a Glock 9mm and .45 in target practice, and the 9mm is a little too light for me. I'm thinking about a 9mm Beretta for target practice - it was heavier, but not too heavy.

The recoil on the .45, on the other hand, about knocked me off my feet the first time I shot it.

pooka
Mac Elite
Sep 8, 2013, 09:42 AM

How do you like it?
I've always conceptually liked a 92, but the reality is a double stacked magazine makes a gun too big for my hands. If I were to get a real pistol (not likely in Chicago), I'd go old skool 1911.
Eh, I'm biased (for sentimental reasons), but I really can't think of any semi-auto that I love more than the 92fs. I have HKs, Sigs, S&W, Rugers, Steyrs, (fsck GLOCK), cheap czech crap, etc. NOTHING compares to a well maintained (and broken in) 92fs. It's just... ridiculously smooth. Switch the grip out with a hogue or whatever rubbery goop makes you happy and it's the closest thing to firing a La-Z-Boy outside of a mark iii. Seriously, if we're ever in a duel and I'm handed a 92... just run... like you're being chased by a crocodile.

p.s. don't ever ask service dudes or law enforcement from the 90s for their opinion. Especially if they're gen-x. And if anyone blathers on about Glock and their popularity, point out the popularity of Dodge trucks outside of Golden Coral. **** Glock.

Oh and 1911s are amazingly cool, but they really don't compare IMHO to modern 45s. The abuse HKs can take is insane. That and the money you have to spend to get a "good" 1911 just isn't worth it unless you're collecting.

New, Improved and Legal in 50 States

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Sep 8, 2013, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by pooka View Post

p.s. don't ever ask service dudes or law enforcement from the 90s for their opinion. Especially if they're gen-x. And if anyone blathers on about Glock and their popularity, point out the popularity of Dodge trucks outside of Golden Coral. **** Glock.
I always LOL at Glock haters.

Whenever I ask why they hate Glocks the response is usually "No particular reason, I just don't like them". When prodded, it turns out they don't like them because "Everybody has a Glock".

Yep, that's a good reason to hate them.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 8, 2013, 01:43 PM

I don't hate Glocks, but the trigger safety weirds me out. I'm old-fashioned and want a safety safety.

When I say "1911" I mean a "single stack, single-action". I'd definitely get a modern version. Ironic I'm bugged by the Glock safety, when I want a gun you're supposed to carry cocked with the safety on.

A 92f is all fun and games until you have catastrophic slide failure.

If I were going to go 9mm, I'd want a Sig. I'll fully admit that's because it's (IMO) the coolest looking pistol.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Sep 8, 2013, 02:47 PM

I don't hate Glocks, but the trigger safety weirds me out. I'm old-fashioned and want a safety safety.

When I say "1911" I mean a "single stack, single-action". I'd definitely get a modern version. Ironic I'm bugged by the Glock safety, when I want a gun you're supposed to carry cocked with the safety on.

A 92f is all fun and games until you have catastrophic slide failure.

If I were going to go 9mm, I'd want a Sig. I'll fully admit that's because it's (IMO) the coolest looking pistol.
I understand that concern about the Glock trigger safety, but it's not really an issue. The gun will NOT go *bang* unless you pull the trigger. If you drop it, it's not going to fire. I carry my Glocks and never worry that they are going to have an inadvertent discharge. That said, as an extra (probably completely unnecessary) precaution, when I carry them I carry them without a round chambered.

With the 1911s the safety is very robust. My Springfield TRP (and most modern 1911s) have dual safeties - a backstrap safety and a slide safety. I also carry my 1911 and again never worry about carrying the gun "cocked and locked".

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 8, 2013, 02:58 PM

That's the thing. I trust the grip safety, because it needs a fair amount of even pressure to disengage, or a lot of pressure over a small area.

I know it's exceedingly unlikely, but I feel like the Glock trigger could catch on something.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Sep 8, 2013, 03:07 PM

I know it's exceedingly unlikely, but I feel like the Glock trigger could catch on something.
I agree. Which is why when I carry it concealed I carry it without a round chambered - just in case.

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 8, 2013, 03:35 PM

To me, if it's in a properly fitted holster, nothing's going to get to the trigger of a Glock, and particularly nothing that could put enough force into the whole trigger (not just the safety portion in the middle) to do anything at all. Of course if one is simply carrying a Glock pistol in a pocket, that's a different problem. And not a bright idea.

Mentioning the 92's slide failure issues, those are "supposed to be" all in the past. Beretta states that they've revamped the manufacturing process substantially so these things shouldn't happen. But I still am concerned about the possibility of such a failure because of the structure of the slide. A more solid slide might be heavier, but would not depend on only two thin sections of steel (with grooves cut in them for the locking block) to do all the work. It's a really good design, but I wonder why they borrowed the locking mechanism from the Walther P-38 instead of going with the flow and using an adaptation of Browning's design in the 1911.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 8, 2013, 08:32 PM

How do you like it?

I've always conceptually liked a 92, but the reality is a double stacked magazine makes a gun too big for my hands.

That makes sense. I have a normal sized palm, but stubby fingers.
I too have stubby fingers (shut up Dakar!) but the 92 didn't feel too big in my hands. We'll see what happens when I take it to the shooting range next weekend.

I was planning to buy a Sig 226 but the gun shop didn't have any in stock so I got the Beretta instead.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

pooka
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2013, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
I always LOL at Glock haters.
God. One of you...

I'm sorry, I like how you discerned my rationale in it's entirety from me suggesting "glocks are shit". If you'd like to get into it, that's fine. Your reflexive infini-loling is a little telling though. I'll prepare to discount extensive field-testing and defer to your anecdotal, wanna-be leo bullshit to make things easier if you prefer. I'm sure your groupings are better when you fire sideways as well.

Jesus...

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2013, 08:36 AM

God. One of you...

I'm sorry, I like how you discerned my rationale in it's entirety from me suggesting "glocks are shit". If you'd like to get into it, that's fine. Your reflexive infini-loling is a little telling though. I'll prepare to discount extensive field-testing and defer to your anecdotal, wanna-be leo bullshit to make things easier if you prefer. I'm sure your groupings are better when you fire sideways as well.

Jesus...
LOL.

I didn't discern any of your "rationale" from anything. I don't see where you said "glocks are shit". What you said is:

Like I said, I LOL at Glock haters.

See, when someone says "**** Glock" that makes me think that Glock did something to them personally. If you don't like Glocks fine - they are not for everyone. But why the hate? Why you so mad that Glocks are popular?

"Anecdotal, wanna-be leo bullshit"
Really? So because I like Glocks I'm a wanna-be LEO? Wow.

I'm sure your groupings are better when you fire sideways as well.
Really? So not only am I a wanna-be LEO, I'm a wanna-be gangsta too? I'll have to try the gangsta hold next time I'm at the range. Thanks for the tip!

So, what I've got so far is that you assume that someone who likes and uses Glocks is a wanna-be LEO/gangsta who also fires sideways. Nice.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't fall into your stereotype. I based my decision to purchase my Glocks on reviews by established firearm magazines and my personal side-by-side comparison testing at the range.

Oh, and I'd love to see this "extensive field testing" you use as a basis to say "*** Glock". Perhaps you should pass it along to all the military and police forces around the world who chose Glock as their sidearm. I'm sure they be very interested in finding out that the firearm they chose to protect their lives in the line of duty is shit.

I'll just leave you with these field-tests and reviews. Yep, sure sound like shit guns to me.

http://theprepared.com/content/view/90//administrator/

Glock Generation 4 Review - Gun Digest

Glock 22 Review (Generation 3) | The Arms Guide

Hard-Hitting Hybrid: Glock G30S Review - Handguns

A Smaller, Bigger Hammer: Glock 29 SF Review - Shooting Times

There's plenty more where those came from too....

pooka
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2013, 09:22 AM

Literally everything you posted backs up the assertion that Glocks are shite. And there are literally no "militaries" that Glauhk has a contract with or considered standard issue. I give ~1.7 shits what "police forces" use (e.g. Chevy Caprice. Nice appeal to authority.. which I alluded to earlier.) and actually reinforces my previous statement about Glaup knob-slobbers.

If anything, I will make note to be less inflammatory in the future on these sort of topics. Since I'm not part of the "scene" I often forget how emotionally invested some people get with the consumption of other entities engineering efforts. From what I can gather, the majority of people here are novices and I PERSONALLY feel that the defining characteristics of that particular brand are a POOR choice for an individual's introduction to firearm ownership and safety. Here's a hint, if you refer to your handgun as a "platform", you're probably a whack-job AND your advice to the general public should be considered suspect. Also, please consider that most people are not MILITARY or POLICE FORCE and their needs/skill level may suggest an alternate choice (aka something that doesn't suck).

I hate talking to gun nuts more than car nuts. "Oh, dude, this is the shit. Why spend more on bmw|honda|vw|atom? If you don't like the throttle curve, just replace your down pipe, flash your ecu, increase your boost, send off your oil every 2 months and adjust as needed for temp/sea-level and you're set. It's what street racers do. I don't get why more people don't LEARN their cars!?"

If you have some suggestions for the rest of the gang, by all means. If you want to get into a troll war with me, start another thread. Also, you'll lose.

edit: my bad. The Latvian Army does in fact issue Glock 17s to dishonorably discharged service members. I stand corrected.
( Last edited by pooka; Sep 9, 2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: additional provocation)

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 9, 2013, 09:42 AM

Does everything around here have to dissolve into fighting?

Particularly dangerous with guns around...

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2013, 10:25 AM

Literally everything you posted backs up the assertion that Glocks are shite.
OK. I note your completely unsupported conclusion based on...what exactly? The fact that every review I posted highly rates the Glock tested? The fact that a Glock buried in sand, mud, etc. dropped, and generally abused kept firing?

I fail to see how POSITIVE reviews backs up the unsupported assertion that "Glocks are shite".

And there are literally no "militaries" that Glauhk has a contract with or considered standard issue. I give ~1.7 shits what "police forces" use (e.g. Chevy Caprice. Nice appeal to authority.. which I alluded to earlier.) and actually reinforces my previous statement about Glaup knob-slobbers.
Austrian Armed Forces, Bangladesh Army, Finland defense Forces and Border Guard, French Army, Israeli Defense Forces, Latvian Military, Luxembourg Army, Malaysian Armed Forces, UK Armed Forces, etc.

BBC News - Glock 17 9mm pistols replace Browning for UK forces

Armement - Matériel - L�tzebuerger Arm�i

GLOCK USA :: Swiss Army Selects GLOCK As New Service Pistol

Etc., Etc., Etc.

This isn't an appeal to authority. This is provided as prima facie evidence that your unsupported assertion that "Glocks suck" is just that - an unsupported assertion backed by no factual evidence whatsoever.

If anything, I will make note to be less inflammatory in the future on these sort of topics. Since I'm not part of the "scene" I often forget how emotionally invested some people get with the consumption of other entities engineering efforts. From what I can gather, the majority of people here are novices and I PERSONALLY feel that the defining characteristics of that particular brand are a POOR choice for an individual's introduction to firearm ownership and safety. Here's a hint, if you refer to your handgun as a "platform", you're probably a whack-job AND your advice to the general public should be considered suspect. Also, please consider that most people are not MILITARY or POLICE FORCE and their needs/skill level may suggest an alternate choice (aka something that doesn't suck).
I'm not at all emotionally invested in this. I just find it annoying that you keep posting that Glocks suck and have yet to provide any rationale and reasoning for this statement. I'm not military or police and neither are the vast majority of Glock owners. There is no reason whatsoever a novice to firearms shouldn't consider a Glock. Or a Sig. Or a S&W. Or an H&K. More important than the brand of firearm is for a novice to learn proper gun safety. It really doesn't matter what brand of firearm they choose.

If you have some suggestions for the rest of the gang, by all means. If you want to get into a troll war with me, start another thread. Also, you'll lose.
Doubtful as you have yet to provide any factual basis for your assertion other than to conclude that numerous positive reviews support your position that "Glock sucks".

edit: my bad. The Latvian Army does in fact issue Glock 17s to dishonorably discharged service members. I stand corrected.
You stand corrected in more ways than one as numerous armies around the world issue Glocks. See above and/or do your own research before posting completely false information.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2013, 10:50 AM

Oh, and my advice to anyone looking to purchase a handgun is to read reviews and actually hold and shoot the gun before purchasing. There are too many variables to account for to make a decision based solely on what you read, e.g., how it fits your hand, recoil, ergonomics, etc. You can find out a lot about reliability and accuracy from first-hand reviews but until you actually hold it and shoot it you won't know whether any given handgun is a good choice for you.

My friend (retired LEO) carried/carries Sigs. When we went to the range we switched guns and I shot his Sig and he shot my Glock. He shoots better with his Sig and likes the feel more. I shot better with my Glock and like its feel more. To each his/her own. However, he did say he enjoyed shooting the Glock, i.e., after actually shooting one he didn't conclude that it sucks.

That is precisely why I hate it when people simply say, "XXXX sucks" - doesn't matter the brand. It may "suck" for you for whatever reason but that doesn't mean it sucks in general. Unless you are talking about Kel-Tech. Those suck in general.

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2013, 02:22 PM

Going on a rant about how terrible Glock is will get you laughed out of any serious discussion on firearms, it's well known that Glock is on par with Beretta and Sig in terms of reliability. If you don't care for the design of the Glock, that's fair, but to suggest that Glock is **** is highly absurd.

Here's a hint, if you refer to your handgun as a "platform", you're probably a whack-job
Here's another hint: if you refer to a pistol as a handgun, you're probably a pro gun control bureaucrat who is clueless about g̶u̶n̶s̶ firearms.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 9, 2013, 02:41 PM

Gun nerd fight!

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by iMOTOR View Post
Going on a rant about how terrible Glock is will get you laughed out of any serious discussion on firearms, it's well known that Glock is on par with Beretta and Sig in terms of reliability. If you don't care for the design of the Glock, that's fair, but to suggest that Glock is **** is highly absurd.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by iMOTOR View Post
Here's another hint: if you refer to a pistol as a handgun, you're probably a pro gun control bureaucrat who is clueless about g̶u̶n̶s̶ firearms.
From Wikipedia:

A handgun is a firearm designed to be handheld, in either one or both hands. This characteristic differentiates handguns as a general class of firearms from long guns such as rifles and shotguns (which usually can be mounted against the shoulder).

Major handgun subtypes are the revolver and pistol; other subtypes include derringers, single-shot pistols, semi-automatic pistols, pepperboxes, and machine pistols.

The overlapping variations in meaning of the words "pistol" and "handgun" are discussed below.
"Handgun" is a general class of firearm intended to be handheld in one or both hands. Manufacturers and retailers use the term "handgun" to distinguish such firearms from rifles and shotguns.

Handguns - Smith & Wesson

Handguns, Pistols, Revolvers, Target Pistols For Sale : Cabela's

Handguns - Impact Guns

Deprecated Browser Error

A "pistol" is technically a sub-set of handguns.

There is nothing wrong with referring to a pistol as a "handgun" because that is what it is. In fact, I rarely hear people refer to any handgun as a "pistol" because while all pistols are handguns, not all handguns are pistols.

Forum Links
Forum Rules