Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Cocoa Newbie - WebKit Framework Help

Cocoa Newbie - WebKit Framework Help
Chiznibitz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 11, 2003, 12:44 AM

Apple makes it sound simple, but when I try to select WebView as a Custom Class in Interface Builder, it's not there.
Yes, I have Safari 1.0 installed.
I used the UNIX `find` command and there's nothing on my system that remotely resembles WebKit.h, let alone in /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework

Did I get a crappy version of Safari, or is there something else I'm supposed to do to get access to these header files/IB objects?

Thanks in advance.

disco_stu
Jul 11, 2003, 12:49 AM

Actually, you have to download the Web Kit SDK (v1.0) from Apple's ADC (Apple Developer Connection) website. You can sign up for free at connect.apple.com. Once you install that, then you can start using the new Web Kit API. There's still no web view palette in Interface Builder even after you install, so you'll have to drop a CustomView onto the window and set it up as a WebView.

Hope that helps...

Chiznibitz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 11, 2003, 12:50 AM

I found it. You have to log in to the developer secion. It's under WWDC 2003. I love answering my own questions. Especially when it's 2 minutes after I ask.

Forum Links
Forum Rules