Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > For All Who Hate MySpace

For All Who Hate MySpace
Salty
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2006, 12:45 AM

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2006, 12:51 AM

i'm just in it for the camwhores.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2006, 12:55 AM

Funny vid. The music sure is cookie-cutter, though. I guess the labels need another Bowing for Soup.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2006, 01:04 AM

Yah sadly this is a very cookie cutter band... from what I hear they're good live but other than that. That said though they might develop into something more. Their label was pushing them pretty hard, and most of their label mates are pretty good bands that each have their own unique bit to em (least the ones on the label that I listen to). That said it's not a bad album to listen to if you just want some pop punk.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2006, 02:42 AM

Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 4, 2006, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by d4nth3m4n
i'm just in it for the camwhores.

ice

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2006, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Nope... really don't think it is. That was some pretty bad flash and not that creative.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2006, 04:23 AM

Right, and the Generic Shitty Punk Band are just bristling with creativity…

How many other videos about an orange reading MySpace and cutting itself do you know of, anyway?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2006, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Right, and the Generic Shitty Punk Band are just bristling with creativity…

How many other videos about an orange reading MySpace and cutting itself do you know of, anyway?
I'm sorry but simply because they don't have an electric violin in the background doesn't mean they're necessarily shitty. And the quality of the flash animation was freaking weak. I could do better with my left hand cut off and being eaten by angry marmosets. Besides if you watch the video they actually do some pretty cool stuff visually, and it plays up the whole myspace culture really well. And actually it's not a bad song lyrically... though the part where they say sunsets I always thought that they said Seinfeild which would have been funnier.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2006, 05:19 AM

Salty, since you created a thread asking for feedback about your poetry, does this mean that you'll be open to receiving grammatical corrections now?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2006, 10:37 AM

I've actually been in possession of toenail clippings which are more "rock and roll" than this entire thread.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 4, 2006, 11:16 AM

The clip is funny in how on target it is-about high school. My son graduated last year, so we were in and out of the school for functions all the time. And the Goths, the slackers, the princesses, the 'hoods' and so on were very well characterized-particularly early on when the one Goth guy starts using his computer with that sick grin on his face.

But having also spent the last year at college, I have to say that people don't get much better when they move on out of high school...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2006, 12:31 PM

when and why did it become acceptable for all these pop punk bands to sound EXACTLY the same. i mean, i know they all sell and whatever. and tons of screaming teenagers get dropped off by their parents at their shows and buy tshirts. but man. go listen to the descendents.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2006, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
I've actually been in possession of toenail clippings which are more "rock and roll" than this entire thread.
Cool. Can you post up one of their videos? (not that I disagree -- I've heard kazoos & accordions rock at least 1.73 times as hard)

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

hickey
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2006, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter
snip I have to say that people don't get much better when they move on out of high school...
Aint that the truth, I know people from highschool who went to the same college 75% of my graduating clas went to, and they still hang out with the same people.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2006, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by chris v
Cool. Can you post up one of their videos?
Alas, at the time of the possession of the clippings I believed that they were never really destined for rock and roll stardom and thus failed to video them before throwing them into the trash.

Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2006, 02:41 PM

Again I'm not saying pop punk is the best thing ever, but that said making fun of myspace is simply a good thing.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2006, 06:59 PM

Someone should euthanize those kids before the have a chance to make more music.
( Last edited by ort888; Jun 4, 2006 at 11:51 PM. )

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

zmcgill
Jun 4, 2006, 11:07 PM

I like the part in the orange video where tom posted on the guy's board...they even made it like his real picture. As far as the animation goes...it wasn't supposed to be good, that's actually phenomenal for ytmnd.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2006, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
Again I'm not saying pop punk is the best thing ever, but that said making fun of myspace is simply a good thing.
And then use the powers of viral marketing and BAM! You're on MTV! Way to go!

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2006, 11:51 PM

Myspace always makes me laugh. Not in the 'ha ha he he' sort of way but in the 'man getting hit in the balls with a football' sort of way.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2006, 09:17 AM

Facebook blows MySpace out of the water in terms of design and community. Or at least, it used to, before they let high school students join.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2006, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ
Myspace always makes me laugh. Not in the 'ha ha he he' sort of way but in the 'man getting hit in the balls with a football' sort of way.
"Football in the groin. Football in the groin!" - Homer

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2006, 10:46 AM

Wow.. I've heard the exact same guitar distortion settings, exact same vocals a few years back. This band has nothing original about them...

Video - weak.
Lyrics - "MySpace is the only thing that you ever show"? Wow.. that doesn't even make sense.
Music - heard it all before. Nothing new here...

Who wants to start placing one-hit-wonder bets, even though this song can't really be called one?
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

adster
Jun 5, 2006, 10:56 AM

I met a gorgeous girl on myspace, not all bad

eltrut
Forum Regular
Jun 5, 2006, 11:17 AM

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2006, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by funk ride
I met a gorgeous girl on myspace, not all bad
Is she a 12 years old that look 20 and she thinks that posing in provocative poses is all right.

I wonder if those girls really think that taking off their clothes on the internet would bring them fame. In reality it makes them look cheap.

eltrut
Forum Regular
Jun 5, 2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Monique
I wonder if those girls really think that taking off their clothes on the internet would bring them fame. In reality it makes them look cheap.
Monique, what's your MySpace page ? Thx.

zmcgill
Jun 5, 2006, 11:21 AM

Is she a 12 years old that look 20 and she thinks that posing in provocative poses is all right.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2006, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Gossamer
You go under how many names so I can block all of them.

zmcgill
Jun 5, 2006, 11:37 AM

You go under how many names so I can block all of them.
I used to be lothar56, but I don't use that anymore. Otherwise it's just Gossamer.
(I didn't make the pic BTW)

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2006, 11:52 AM

HEY! Make yer own farking Monique pics, man!
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my band • my web site • my guitar effects • my photos • facebook • brightpoint

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2006, 11:53 AM

Oops. NM.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my band • my web site • my guitar effects • my photos • facebook • brightpoint

adster
Jun 5, 2006, 02:59 PM

14 actually, but I pulled out too late Kidding,

No, she's 31, not skinny, not an elephant, just lovely.

MacManMikeOSX
Senior User
Jun 5, 2006, 03:02 PM

Monique you turn me on with your modesties. No really that's serious.

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2006, 03:16 PM

ha ha

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

the macimum
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 5, 2006, 05:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAh6WwKILfk, i find it to be pretty funny.

zmcgill
Jun 5, 2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by the macimum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAh6WwKILfk, i find it to be pretty funny.
My roommate was watching that a while ago...priceless!
"She has the angles."

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2006, 05:41 PM

Is bad POP PUNK music?

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2006, 06:10 PM

If rap or country is, then pop punk definitely is.

himself
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2006, 06:41 PM

where'd you find this, the Disney Channel?
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

krillbee
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2006, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
Facebook blows MySpace out of the water in terms of design and community. Or at least, it used to, before they let high school students join.
ive foudn though that its easier hitching attractive women on myspace than it is random women on facebook who go to your school.

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Jun 11, 2006, 05:16 AM

Would those be Bowie's that he was keepin' 'em to himself back in the 70s?

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 12, 2006, 10:15 AM

Where are the parents?? Like this 16 years old that went across the world to meet a man that she met on my space. What is wrong with those kids? Did she really think that was love and they were going to walk off to the sunset hand in hand? How did this girl get to be so stupip? Why aren't her parents monitering her activities on the net? Didn't they ever head of predators that could not wait to get their hands on a stupid little girl, rape her and make her into a prostitute?

zmcgill
Jun 12, 2006, 10:29 AM

Where are the parents?? Like this 16 years old that went across the world to meet a man that she met on my space. What is wrong with those kids? Did she really think that was love and they were going to walk off to the sunset hand in hand? How did this girl get to be so stupip? Why aren't her parents monitering her activities on the net? Didn't they ever head of predators that could not wait to get their hands on a stupid little girl, rape her and make her into a prostitute?
At work, watching TV, making supper, mowing the lawn, LIVING THEIR LIVES. I agree parents should take an active role in their children's upbringing, and they need to keep an eye on what their kids do but it's not practical to literally follow the kid everywhere. You have to raise them to make their own wise decisions. Obviously the parents did fail here.

EFFENDI
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2006, 04:51 PM

Video - unfunny.
Flash animation - hilarious.

All of Flicker Records "acts" are psuedo-christian cookie cutter garbage.....
( Last edited by EFFENDI; Jun 12, 2006 at 07:49 PM. )
iMac G4 15" 800/512MB/60GB
iMac G5 20" 1.8/768MB/160GB
Mac Mini Core Duo 1.66/2GB/80GB
Mac Pro 2.66/X1900/3GB/3TB /Apple 23" Cinema HD Display

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 12, 2006, 06:18 PM

Flicker not Flickr first of all. Though if Flicker would host my photos that'd be cool. And not all are. Pillar... well honestly I can't stand Pillar so I don't care but they make the label big money. But Kids in the Way are pretty unique, and Every Day Sunday... well... their first album wasn't bad... I hear their third is going to be pretty decent. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some of Flicker's newer additions I love the Flat Foot 56 that I've heard, and Fireflight looks pretty cool too. That said the label must be doing good, they just got bought out by Sony. Sony seems to have finally realized what EMI has known for a long time, lots of good artists sing Christian music. They're the ones that picked up Switchfoot and now Superchick.

zmcgill
Jun 12, 2006, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
Flicker not Flickr first of all. Though if Flicker would host my photos that'd be cool. And not all are. Pillar... well honestly I can't stand Pillar so I don't care but they make the label big money. But Kids in the Way are pretty unique, and Every Day Sunday... well... their first album wasn't bad... I hear their third is going to be pretty decent. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some of Flicker's newer additions I love the Flat Foot 56 that I've heard, and Fireflight looks pretty cool too. That said the label must be doing good, they just got bought out by Sony. Sony seems to have finally realized what EMI has known for a long time, lots of good artists sing Christian music. They're the ones that picked up Switchfoot and now Superchick.
I saw PIllar live with TFK and John Reuben, fun to mosh to, but I only have a couple of their songs (one being Sunday Bloody Sunday). I mostly stick to my Blindside/Project 86.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 12, 2006, 07:24 PM

Pillar just strikes me as too into themselves. I can't stand bands like that. Rueben's awesome though. TFK is another band that is way too into themselves. I'm glad that hasn't rubbed off too much on Hawk Nelson who seem to be far less into themselves than Trevor of TFK is.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 12, 2006, 07:36 PM

Pillar never did strike me as too great of a band. Reuban is great (without a doubt). The only TFK song I like is "Rawkfist."

Forum Links
Forum Rules