Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > G5 issues

G5 issues
redoid
Forum Regular
Jun 13, 2006, 06:15 AM

Hello folks,

I need your help once again.

A week ago, I had some trouble with my G5's fans and I thought I should be get it checked by Apple store staff.

I had my applecare plan so they decided to change the logic board after trying to reset the PMU but it didnt solve the problem.

They called me 3 days ago saying it was repaired so I picked it up and plugged it back:

* Bluetooth is not pairing my keyboard nor my mouse anymore
* Azureus is now saying that I am using a firewall where i never had a problem before.

What shall I do?

Thanks a lot
its a fact that im dope.

Street
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2006, 06:17 AM

Take it back in...

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jun 13, 2006, 07:37 AM

Check to see if Bluetooth is still installed at all - the board they swapped in may not have it. If that's what happened, you need to decide if it's worth taking your Mac in again. As for Azereus, don't worry about it saying there's a firewall. That has absolutely nothing to do with your hardware.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

redoid  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 13, 2006, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac
Check to see if Bluetooth is still installed at all - the board they swapped in may not have it. If that's what happened, you need to decide if it's worth taking your Mac in again. As for Azereus, don't worry about it saying there's a firewall. That has absolutely nothing to do with your hardware.
Thanks for the advices Big mac. it is installed and i am trying to get it to pair my mouse and keyboard but it is saying that "no devices were found".

It is an old G5 2.5 Dual where you need to plug a little thingy at the back of the computer to get it working. What do you think?

As for Azureus, you were right - I panicked a too early - sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers
ReD
its a fact that im dope.

Forum Links
Forum Rules