Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Will it screw with my iPhone if I do a clean install of Leopard?

Will it screw with my iPhone if I do a clean install of Leopard?
Source
Nov 22, 2007, 03:54 PM

I had to do a software update to OSX 10.4.11 to install my iPhone and now some of my work applications don't work.

If I wipe my HD and do a clean install of Leopard, will it screw with my iPhone when I re-plug it in?

Cheers

Source  (op)
Nov 22, 2007, 04:10 PM

What I'm really worried about is that - when you put an iPod into a new computer it says "This iPod isn't meant for this computer - reformat?" and I don't want it to say that to me with my iPhone when I clean install Leopard.

Will it? They must have thought of that, right?

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2007, 09:22 AM

Is that iPod error generally when you're going from a PC to a Mac or vice versa? My iPod does that. Just click cancel and mess with it back in the first OS you synced it with.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2007, 06:00 PM

No it won't mess with your iPhone. I did a clean install of Leopard (erased my drive and installed) and set up all my info before plugging my iPhone in and it worked fine. If you're going to bring your iTunes library back over to your new Leopard install, do it before you plug your iPhone in, just in case that makes any difference.

zerock
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2007, 06:03 PM

yeah keep a backup of your itunes library. it has a iPhone backup on it just in case.

Forum Links
Forum Rules