Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > No way to buy a 30" Cinema new?

No way to buy a 30" Cinema new?
Googer-Giger
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2010, 01:32 PM

Hello guys, I was looking at the 30" Cinema when originally speccing out my Mac Pro, with the time to order coming up very soon, I have noticed they have taken it off the apple store. The refurbs are out of stock, and I don't really feel comfortable spending that much money on ebay. Does any one know if any third party resellers still have any new ones in stock?

If I cannot buy one I will probably get the Dell U3011 30", it's got more inputs than I'd know what to do with, has good colors, and a pixel warranty, not to mention height adjustment.

Thanks, Jess
( Last edited by Googer-Giger; Nov 17, 2010 at 08:14 AM. )
I miss the days of the G5 and XPS Pentium 4 running side by side as high-end machines.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 16, 2010, 02:19 PM

You could check Apple's refurbished section. Often the displays are new anyway, and the only difference is that it comes in a generic brown box. All the refurbished items are treated as new and are eligible for AppleCare.

Also, take note Apple changed their dead pixel policy. After the first 7 days (which you can return the display for any reason), you can still return the display if it's unsatisfactory for a replacement. Apple will replace it once regardless if it meets their original dead pixel policy.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

-Q-
Nov 16, 2010, 02:19 PM

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2010, 02:35 PM

Also check local Apple stores, they may have one in stock that you can take home.

reader50
Administrator
Nov 16, 2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
Also check local Apple stores, they may have one in stock that you can take home.
I recommend paying for it first.

Googer-Giger  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 17, 2010, 08:14 AM

haha, thanks guys.
I miss the days of the G5 and XPS Pentium 4 running side by side as high-end machines.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Nov 17, 2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
I recommend paying for it first.
Purely optional, though you don't want to miss out on that one year warranty. It could save you a bundle if something were to go wrong.

Forum Links
Forum Rules