Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Some quick Questions about Macbook Pro

Some quick Questions about Macbook Pro
cool.aquarian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2008, 08:14 AM

Hi,

I have some small questions regarding Macbook Pro:

1. The Display Surface of MBP with Glossy Screen is made of Glass or Plastic?
2. Does any of the Apple Remote work with any of the MB/MBP? Or some software/hardware pairing needs to be done between them using some code to use them together?
3. I am getting mine Online in Singapore, So want to know do they provide any Notebook Case/Sleeve free along with the purchase ?

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 25, 2008, 10:54 AM

1. Plastic.
2. Yes, no pairing, just "dumb" IR.
3. No.

ghporter
Administrator
May 25, 2008, 10:56 AM

Hi, cool! Here are some answers:

1-the surface you'll come into contact with is plastic, whether the screen is matte or glossy.

2-I don't think you have to pair a remote with your computer, but it's a very quick and simple process anyway, so it's no big deal. Edit because mduell beat me to the post: You DO have to pair a remote with the various remote-capable iPod docks, and that's probably what I was thinking about.

3- I know nothing about Singapore, but a lot of authorized resellers make up for having fixed prices by offering free goodies, so you can probably find one there that will offer a sleeve or case. Look around.
( Last edited by ghporter; May 25, 2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: minor update)

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules