Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I LOVE my SUV!

I LOVE my SUV! (Page 3)
Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by festeringwounds
Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong. I was driving 25mph. it was 8am, on a 1 way street with two lanes. The car in the right lane slowly starts slowing down. I figure she's going to pull into a driveway or a parking space since she is going so slow. As I passed her, I heard a 'crunch' and my car shook. There was zero indication she was going to turn left. The fact that you are trying to tell me it was avoidable just shows how incredibly stupid you really are. But hey, you also have an SUV so at least you're being consistent with all the other moronic SUV drivers. You fit right in!
I personally HATE people that don't use singles. But still she was in front of you and only at 25mph, something seems wrong in this picture. If she just clipped your back end I bet you could have avoided it by flooring it. I always keep my eyes on cars around me until they are far enough away to post no risk. I would have been watching that car in my mirrors.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:03 PM

ATHENS! I realize you can't spell correctly, but this really isn't all that complicated. My point was this:

It is best to NEVER get into an accident. A car that handles well and has great brakes and great response will be easier to avoid an accident in than one that handles and brakes like ****. HOWEVER, some accidents are completely unavoidable, and in that case you want a vehicle that isn't going to transmit all the crashes energy straight into the occupants, so you do NOT want an ultra rigid framed vehicle.

Please, please please keep your suv! I beg you! Drive it as much as possible so hopefully you'll die before you have the chance to impregnate some poor stupid girl.
YOu where in a car that brakes well, maneuvers well, why didn't you avoid that accident with the woman turning into you.
A) That accident wouldn't have made a difference what kind of car you are in
B) you failed as a driver to avoid it

What's your answer.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Athens
set conformable doesn't mean set right to be safe. You have no clue if he was leaning forward, had his head turn or any of the details of it. People get serious whiplash in cars too.
Whatever Athens. I give up. You keep believing stupid **** like downshifting is good for your car, and that SUVs are safe. Please go drive it immeadiatly. I feel sad for humanity every moment I know you're still alive.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 08:04 PM

YOu where in a car that brakes well, maneuvers well, why didn't you avoid that accident with the woman turning into you.
A) That accident wouldn't have made a difference what kind of car you are in
B) you failed as a driver to avoid it

What's your answer.
BECAUSE IT WAS UNAVOIDABLE YOU STUPID CANADIAN RETARD. Jesus ****ing christ you're dense. Please go drive your SUV. You have a high chance of dying.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 21, 2006, 08:05 PM

BECAUSE IT WAS UNAVOIDABLE YOU STUPID CANADIAN RETARD. Jesus ****ing christ you're dense. Please go drive your SUV. You have a high chance of dying.
Reported.

And you wonder why people think you are a spaz Rob.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN

Whatever Athens. I give up. You keep believing stupid **** like downshifting is good for your car, and that SUVs are safe. Please go drive it immeadiatly. I feel sad for humanity every moment I know you're still alive.
SUV's are only as safe as the driver in the drivers seat. This is true for all cars. And of course you give up. Your running out of insults or getting pissed you can't phase me. I never said downshifting was GOOD for a car, I said it doesn't HURT the car.

festeringwounds
Banned

I personally HATE people that don't use singles. But still she was in front of you and only at 25mph, something seems wrong in this picture. If she just clipped your back end I bet you could have avoided it by flooring it. I always keep my eyes on cars around me until they are far enough away to post no risk. I would have been watching that car in my mirrors.
She started turning into me when she was NEXT to me. When I am driving, I am looking forward. I can see in front of me, and behind me by using the mirrors. The only way to see completely sideways is by turning your head and not looking in front of you. The accident was unavoidable. Period. Just like the one my boss was in where he was rear ended while stuck in traffic driving an SUV. You are a moron.

You claim you like to keep a view on cars in your mirrors, I do too. She turned into me when she was NEXT to me. Mirrors do NOT show cars directly next to you.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Reported.

And you wonder why people think you are a spaz Rob.
**** off Zimphire. People were calling me a 'fag' and an idiot earlier in this thread, and I'm sure you didn't report them. Go stick a baby jesus buttplug up your ass.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:07 PM

Unavoidable, so it wouldn't have mattered if you where in a SUV or not. That didn't help your argument about SUV's, you know that right?

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2006, 08:08 PM

Heheh so for the last week i've been doing a process for a new job, some phone interveiws and such and in the end what won it for me since it was a pretty close match between me and this other guy was the fact I drive a SUV with enough space to carry stuff and the other guy had a tiny little hatch back.

So my SUV got me a new job

I think im going to start singing I love the SUV song
Bravo Athens!

Wish you lots of success!
"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN

She started turning into me when she was NEXT to me. When I am driving, I am looking forward. I can see in front of me, and behind me by using the mirrors. The only way to see completely sideways is by turning your head and not looking in front of you. The accident was unavoidable. Period. Just like the one my boss was in where he was rear ended while stuck in traffic driving an SUV. You are a moron.

You claim you like to keep a view on cars in your mirrors, I do too. She turned into me when she was NEXT to me. Mirrors do NOT show cars directly next to you.
So explain to me then, how is a SUV a higher risk for getting into a accident if these 2 cases where unavoidable accidents and regardless of what kind of car you where in, no matter what it was going to be a accident.

wallinbl
Professional Poster

I personally HATE people that don't use singles.
Yeah, you'll run out of money pretty quickly if you put twenties in her g-string!

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 08:10 PM

Unavoidable, so it wouldn't have mattered if you where in a SUV or not. That didn't help your argument about SUV's, you know that right?
IT DOES HELP IT.

Jesus christ you are stupid.

Athens... follow this with me.

1.Some accidents are TOTALLY UNAVOIDABLE. Okay? So in some situations, you are going to get into an accident.... in other situations, you will avoid the accident if you have a vehicle that handles and brakes well.

2. SUVs transmit more energy to their occupants and are more dangerous to the people inside them.

Put 1 and 2 together. It really isn't that hard, but apparently your genetic material doesn't allow you to follow simple logic.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by wallinbl
Yeah, you'll run out of money pretty quickly if you put twenties in her g-string!
arr signals

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 21, 2006, 08:13 PM

So explain to me then, how is a SUV a higher risk for getting into a accident if these 2 cases where unavoidable accidents and regardless of what kind of car you where in, no matter what it was going to be a accident.
It is @ higher risk for getting into an accident because it handles and brakes poorly. I was in an accident a few months ago with Kristin's accord. It was raining, and I rear ended a car at about 3-5mph. Why? I wasn't speeding or tailgating. The problem was I couldn't stop her car well enough. If I had been in my SVX, we wouldn't have been in an accident.

This really isn't hard, but it's obvious you want to believe that SUVs are totally safe and it's all about the driver, despite all the evidence and facts that point otherwise. Just like the time everyone told you that downshifting was bad for your transmission, and you continued to believe your stupid opinions. Bravo. I give up on you. You are truly one of the dumbest, most moronic, stupid, dense, dimwitted, retarded, illogical people I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. Congrats.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:14 PM

IT DOES HELP IT.

Jesus christ you are stupid.

Athens... follow this with me.

1.Some accidents are TOTALLY UNAVOIDABLE. Okay? So in some situations, you are going to get into an accident.... in other situations, you will avoid the accident if you have a vehicle that handles and brakes well.

2. SUVs transmit more energy to their occupants and are more dangerous to the people inside them.

Put 1 and 2 together. It really isn't that hard, but apparently your genetic material doesn't allow you to follow simple logic.
Do you know how serious injuries occur in accidents. Its the sudden stopping motion of the body that causes the serious injury, IE heart bashing into your rib cage. This is why speed is the biggest factor in living or dying in a crash. This BS about transmitting more energy to there occupants is silly.

in other situations, you will avoid the accident if you have a vehicle that handles and brakes well.
And in those situations if you are driving like a responsible driver you should be able to avoid a crash in a SUV or a car. The only times handling makes a real big importance if you are not doing your job originally and are caught off guard.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:16 PM

What's more dangerous, getting hit by Athens driving 35mph in his SUV, or getting slammed into by Rob going 100mph in his rice car?

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:17 PM

It is @ higher risk for getting into an accident because it handles and brakes poorly. I was in an accident a few months ago with Kristin's accord. It was raining, and I rear ended a car at about 3-5mph. Why? I wasn't speeding or tailgating. The problem was I couldn't stop her car well enough. If I had been in my SVX, we wouldn't have been in an accident.

This really isn't hard, but it's obvious you want to believe that SUVs are totally safe and it's all about the driver, despite all the evidence and facts that point otherwise. Just like the time everyone told you that downshifting was bad for your transmission, and you continued to believe your stupid opinions. Bravo. I give up on you. You are truly one of the dumbest, most moronic, stupid, dense, dimwitted, retarded, illogical people I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. Congrats.

you said it, you failed to stop soon enough and hit her. Because of he weather conditions and the different braking characteristics of the car you where driving you failed to do your job and hit another car. If you where going a few mph slower, or following at a further distance, or applied your brakes sooner you would not have hit that car in front of you. Classic case of a stupid driver. Thank you for validating my arguments. You couldn't stop a little accord from smashing into another car, even though its better handling and braking then a SUV. You pointed out how driver failure is the biggest cause of accidents. Thank you I hope you didn't get hurt in your mistake.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
What's more dangerous, getting hit by Athens driving 35mph in his SUV, or getting slammed into by Rob going 100mph in his rice car?
I would imagine both would hurt for the person being hit. I would imagine Athens would be fine in his SUV while Robs body parts would be all over the place.

But Athens wouldn't hit you in his SUV because he is a good driver and dose not drive his SUV like a rice car

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:24 PM

oh btw rob money is due

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 21, 2006, 08:29 PM

**** off Zimphire. People were calling me a 'fag' and an idiot earlier in this thread, and I'm sure you didn't report them.
Because as we have tried to explain to you before. YOU ARE BANNED. YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. You are not protected by the mods.

Why do you keep deluding yourself otherwise?
Go stick a baby jesus buttplug up your ass.
That was a very redneck thing to say Rob.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:33 PM

Maybe i'll sit on the side line and watch Kevin and Rob for a few minutes

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:39 PM

I don't like how these threads always get locked. These Cash arguments are the best part of MacNN

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:42 PM

Ya, im just glad I never have to drive through Monona, WI, knowing Robert and his driving capabilities I would be putting my life at risk

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:50 PM

I used to be Ca$h-neutral, ie, I didn't take sides, but he hit you a few times below the belt as they say, so I'm on your side now.

:Countdown to Rob bannination begins:

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2006, 08:52 PM

I used to be Ca$h-neutral, ie, I didn't take sides, but he hit you a few times below the belt as they say, so I'm on your side now.

don't take sides, just go with thats correct at the time. I've been wrong a few times

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 21, 2006, 08:55 PM

I used to take up for Rob as well. He has burned too many bridges. Only a small handful actually take up for him now.

And they barely even come in here anymore.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 09:34 PM

Dudes, so IBL.

-t

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 09:48 PM

Yeah, amazing how long he survived this time...

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 10:05 PM

I know my Jeep could never swing around a car like my prelude could so I don't put myself in that position.
This is incorrect dude. Stick some OMEs and some 235 Pirellis on that Cherokee and it'll dick your Prelude handling-wise.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2006, 10:07 PM

-t

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2006, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy
This is incorrect dude. Stick some OMEs and some 235 Pirellis on that Cherokee and it'll dick your Prelude handling-wise.
2nd gen prelude, no but perhaps a Neon maybe. I still can't see it being safe even with a after market suspension system.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 06:37 AM

Wrong. There are some situations where you just get totally screwed by other stupid drivers. Like when the lady in the impala hit my SVX. She was turning left from the wrong lane and drove into me as I passed her, because it was a 2 lane 1 way street and she didn't realize it.

http://members.aol.com/cash68/crash.swf
I think we are all missing the greatest issue involved here:

ROB IS STILL A MEMBER OF AOL AND STILL USES AOL FOR HOSTING!!! HA H AH AH HA HHAHHAHA AH!!!!!!!!111!!
( Last edited by Railroader; Jan 22, 2006 at 07:58 AM. )

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 06:45 AM

2nd gen prelude, no but perhaps a Neon maybe. I still can't see it being safe even with a after market suspension system.
Yes. Trust me on that one. Don't believe the hype about it handling badly. I've been there, done that, eaten BMW 3's for breakfast. In the wet. I positively love it when a car full of ricers try it on around a twisty rural road - the look on their faces is prceless.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Jan 22, 2006, 08:25 AM

No ****ing **** sherlock. What do you think is going to be easier to avoid accidents in? A nimble car with great handling and brakes, or a heavy vehicle with awful handling, poor response, and shoddy brakes?

Cash, you're a ****ing retard. I know how to handle my Durango, and I know how to handle a Charger with a Hemi. It depends on the driver. And I stand a better chance of not getting hurt in my Durango if I get hit with a ****ing Civic. **** off, Cash. You're a ****ing retard.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
Yes. Trust me on that one. Don't believe the hype about it handling badly. I've been there, done that, eaten BMW 3's for breakfast. In the wet. I positively love it when a car full of ricers try it on around a twisty rural road - the look on their faces is prceless.
AhAhaHahhhhaHAhaHahHAhahAhahahAHAHA

Let me reiterate your story in an equally stupid and false way:

Trust me on that one. Don't believe the hype about V8s going fast. I've been there and done that, and my civic eats mustang 5.0s and Camaro SSs for breakfast. Even at the track. I positively love it when a car with a v8 tries to take my civic with my muffler and intake mod, the look on their faces is priceless.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by His Dudeness
Cash, you're a ****ing retard. I know how to handle my Durango, and I know how to handle a Charger with a Hemi. It depends on the driver. And I stand a better chance of not getting hurt in my Durango if I get hit with a ****ing Civic. **** off, Cash. You're a ****ing retard.
Wow. You swear more than me! Cool! But you're repeating yourself. How many times do you have to say I'm a ****ing retard in one post? Moron. And yes, you probably won't get hurt much if you get hit with a civic and you're in a durango. But the MAJORITY OF ACCIDENTS are 1 car accidents, involving a vehicle going off the road. In that case, you're ****ed. If it's a multi vehicle accident, and the other vehicle has any mass to it, you will be injured due to the stiff chassis of your durango. Congrats. Do you play this at home?

PS: Call me a fag or a homo again. I hear the mods here like it when you use the word gay in a derogatory manner.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2006, 12:13 PM

AhAhaHahhhhaHAhaHahHAhahAhahahAHAHA

Let me reiterate your story in an equally stupid and false way:

Trust me on that one. Don't believe the hype about V8s going fast. I've been there and done that, and my civic eats mustang 5.0s and Camaro SSs for breakfast. Even at the track. I positively love it when a car with a v8 tries to take my civic with my muffler and intake mod, the look on their faces is priceless.
buddy, stock civic vs stock V8 SUV, the civic will have its ass handed to it. Supped up civic vs stock V8 SUV, ya it will win. supped up Civic vs supped up SUV, I think the civic is ****ed.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2006, 12:17 PM

Wow. You swear more than me! Cool! But you're repeating yourself. How many times do you have to say I'm a ****ing retard in one post? Moron. And yes, you probably won't get hurt much if you get hit with a civic and you're in a durango. But the MAJORITY OF ACCIDENTS are 1 car accidents, involving a vehicle going off the road. In that case, you're ****ed. If it's a multi vehicle accident, and the other vehicle has any mass to it, you will be injured due to the stiff chassis of your durango. Congrats. Do you play this at home?

PS: Call me a fag or a homo again. I hear the mods here like it when you use the word gay in a derogatory manner.
what about when a fag calls you a fag, I wonder then. Back on topic this stiff chassis crap is that crap. You have no concept of how injury works. And people flying off the road, that is driver errors, ether going to fast, or not paying attention IE talking on a phone doing make up, getting a bj, putting makeup on or eating. Good drivers won't get themselves in a position to dark off the road to avoid something if they where doing there job.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 12:18 PM

you said it, you failed to stop soon enough and hit her. Because of he weather conditions and the different braking characteristics of the car you where driving you failed to do your job and hit another car. If you where going a few mph slower, or following at a further distance, or applied your brakes sooner you would not have hit that car in front of you.
Pretty much nope. Since it was wet I was following a really really really far distance away, and I wasn't speeding. I braked as soon as he did. The problem was I had 4 people in her car, and that coupled with the fact that it was downhill, wet in just the right way, and the car just doesn't have the brakes of the vehicle in front of me= I got ****ed. Like I said, some accidents are unavoidable. It was a textbook case of doing everything by the book and still not having it work out. You could ask my wife if you'd like, but I was extremely far behind the vehicle in front of us, and I wasn't speeding, and I braked as soon as he did.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 12:20 PM

buddy, stock civic vs stock V8 SUV, the civic will have its ass handed to it. Supped up civic vs stock V8 SUV, ya it will win. supped up Civic vs supped up SUV, I think the civic is ****ed.
God you're dumb. Dude, Doofy is saying his SUV can outhandle BMW 3 series. I'm saying that's about as stupid as saying a riced out civic is faster than a camaro or mustang. Riceboys want to believe that, just like rednecks want to believe the SUV can outhandle a BMW 3 series.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 12:21 PM

what about when a fag calls you a fag, I wonder then. Back on topic this stiff chassis crap is that crap. You have no concept of how injury works. And people flying off the road, that is driver errors, ether going to fast, or not paying attention IE talking on a phone doing make up, getting a bj, putting makeup on or eating. Good drivers won't get themselves in a position to dark off the road to avoid something if they where doing there job.
Sure athens. Whatever. You are a driving god. I mean, you must have a whole 4 years of experience right?

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2006, 12:26 PM

Pretty much nope. Since it was wet I was following a really really really far distance away, and I wasn't speeding. I braked as soon as he did. The problem was I had 4 people in her car, and that coupled with the fact that it was downhill, wet in just the right way, and the car just doesn't have the brakes of the vehicle in front of me= I got ****ed. Like I said, some accidents are unavoidable. It was a textbook case of doing everything by the book and still not having it work out. You could ask my wife if you'd like, but I was extremely far behind the vehicle in front of us, and I wasn't speeding, and I braked as soon as he did.
you where not far enough, as you hit him. Really really far and you still hit, means you where still not far enough back. btw ABS or did you pump the brakes?

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2006, 12:27 PM

God you're dumb. Dude, Doofy is saying his SUV can outhandle BMW 3 series. I'm saying that's about as stupid as saying a riced out civic is faster than a camaro or mustang. Riceboys want to believe that, just like rednecks want to believe the SUV can outhandle a BMW 3 series.
keep reading you will see I said I cant see a SUV out doing cars for maneuverability either.

mindwaves
Jan 22, 2006, 12:27 PM

Locked.

Forum Links
Forum Rules