Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Hangin', chillin'

Hangin', chillin' (Page 4)
festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Actually Rob, being a over-reactionary hot-head is VERY red-neck like.

Calling people "****ing retards" is also.

You aren't doing well to convince us that you are not.
So are lawyers rednecks? Is anyone who gets upset about stupid people a redneck? You're a ****ing retard Zimph. You've called me a redneck for years because it helps you live in your pretend bizzaro world. Hell, I've never even owned a GM product, let alone a truck.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Athens
he has a point about SUV's and rednecks though.. he has me convinced he's not a redneck. A latent homosexual but not a redneck.
How so? I don't dislike gay guys, but I find the idea of plugging a guy or girl in the ass gross. Poop is gross. So are buttholes. And honestly, a guy going down on me or vice versa just wouldn't happen. I'm not going to hate anyone who enjoys that, it's just not my thing. I like the womenzes.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by festeringwounds
Hell, I've never even owned a GM product, let alone a truck.
You're a Japanese redneck then. Whatever...

-t

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2006, 02:28 AM

How so? I don't dislike gay guys, but I find the idea of plugging a guy or girl in the ass gross.
I think Vagina's are gross.. pee, vaginal discharge, blood, yeast infections...

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Leia's Left Bun
Yeah, a butthole would be SO different...

-t

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2006, 05:39 AM

you know ture bottoms keep there butt holes soooooo clean you would never know crap came out of them. Infact a cleaned butt hole is much cleaner then a vagina
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

qnxde
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2006, 08:25 AM

Colonic irrigation: it's not to be sniffed at.

You can't eat all those hamburgers, you hear me you ridiculous man?

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 11:59 AM

?

Dunno where you've been looking but most of the time they're clean and wet and lubricated.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777
You're a Japanese redneck then. Whatever...

-t
From Wikipedia:

The stereotypical redneck lives in a trailer or old weatherbeaten farm house in a rural area, and drives an old, large, beat-up pickup truck, possibly adorned with the Confederate Battle Flag, with a gun rack in the rear window. He may wear a "Wifebeater" (a white sleeveless undershirt), or a farmer t-shirt. He also wears blue jeans, a baseball or trucker hat. The jeans of redneck men often have a permanent circle on the back-pocket from carrying a can of dipping tobacco, such as Skoal or Copenhagen. Their hair is often worn in the mullet style, or in a military-style haircut. They are sometimes seen as uneducated. He is also prone to swearing, perhaps not as much as the stereotypical Yankee, but more than other Southerners, Mountaineers, or Appalachians.
A redneck is stereotypically imagined as consuming mass produced American beer such as Budweiser or Miller by the case. Other beverages might include Moonshine, Pabst Blue Ribbon, as well as Jack Daniel's whiskey.
Stereotypical hobbies include hunting, fishing, riding 4-wheelers, and watching professional wrestling, Stock car racing, and monster truck rallies. Rednecks are characteristically fond of repairing car engines and collecting junked cars on their lawns.
Country and Southern Rock bands such as Lynyrd Skynyrd figure in as their preferred genre of music. Redneck men also listen to other Southern Rock and Metal such as the Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, Ted Nugent, Alice In Chains, Pantera, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Ratt, Motörhead, Bad Company, and Guns N' Roses.
Redneck females are sometimes portrayed as sexually promiscuous. "Daisy dukes" are a name for the extremely small shorts worn by the character "Daisy Duke" on the popular television program (and 2005 film) The Dukes of Hazzard.
Rednecks are often portrayed as lacking education or being ignorant.

Let's see.. I don't live in a trailer, I live in a sweet apartment downtown.... I live in a city, not a rural area, I don't have a truck, I have an imported sports car, I don't own a wifebeater and I don't wear baseball caps, I don't use chewing tobacco, I don't have a mullet, I'm educated, I do swear, I despise mass produced **** domestic beer, I don't go hunting, fishing, ride 4 wheelers, watch wrestling, I hate nascar, and I'm not into monster trucks... I don't repair car engines, and I don't have any junked cars, and I don't dig any of the bands listed.

So gee, pretty much NOT a redneck. But Zimphire, in his bottomless pit of stupidity, will still claim otherwise. Kinda like how science has proven Christianity wrong but he still clings to his old outdated plain old incorrect ways of thinking.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 22, 2006, 01:07 PM

Would you please explain to me how science has proven Christianity wrong?

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html

Enjoy.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2006, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
You wanna fill us in on how the dinosaurs that were running about for billions of years fits into the bible?

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 02:31 PM

That and the whole 'evolution' concept that's pretty much been proven. Even us humans. There are no longer any 'missing links'.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 02:39 PM

That and the whole 'evolution' concept that's pretty much been proven. Even us humans. There are no longer any 'missing links'.

Except you, who hasn't figured out how to evolve enough to learn how to converse with other human beings in a civilized fashion.

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Jan 22, 2006, 02:44 PM

Guys - less bickering about religion, more gay-ass pics!

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c
Except you, who hasn't figured out how to evolve enough to learn how to converse with other human beings in a civilized fashion.
And you, who keeps repeating the same questions again and again when they don't like the answers they get.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 02:47 PM

And you, who keeps repeating the same questions again and again when they don't like the answers they get.

Humor me just once, and repeat your answer you claimed to give months ago that I missed. If it is a good one, I'll shut up.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2006, 02:53 PM

Cash and I are both very opinionated and I think we talk together fine.

He hates Xbox 360 even though he hasn't used it but when I talked to him about the Pro's/cons he seemed more open about it in the end.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 02:57 PM

Cash and I are both very opinionated and I think we talk together fine.

He hates Xbox 360 even though he hasn't used it but when I talked to him about the Pro's/cons he seemed more open about it in the end.

When he stops proselytizing Christians and SUV owners and thus proves that he can be tolerant of differing opinions, and, when he stops resorting to childish name calling, he'll be much closer to an evolved being IMHO.

Edit: add "comes up with an explanation as to why he things he deserves to post here after being banned countless times"

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 02:59 PM

Humor me just once, and repeat your answer you claimed to give months ago that I missed. If it is a good one, I'll shut up.
Use the search function. BUt the answer is probably about the same as to why Captain Obvious, Zimphire, or Railroader haven't been banned for being total assholes. >shrug<

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 03:01 PM

When he stops proselytizing Christians and SUV owners and thus proves that he can be tolerant of differing opinions, and, when he stops resorting to childish name calling, he'll be much closer to an evolved being IMHO.

Edit: add "comes up with an explanation as to why he things he deserves to post here after being banned countless times"
I make fun of Christians only when they're attakcing me. Zimphire and Railroader constantly try to pick fights with me, because Zimphire believes he has the right to do so (very christian like, I might say). SUVs... well.. I won't stop that. Ever. Unless we start building SUVs that are as safe and as efficient as cars. Til then, I will continue to spout the facts, even if SUV owners dislike the truth. As for name calling... generally I don't turn the other cheek. I rarely attack if not provoked.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 03:01 PM

Use the search function. BUt the answer is probably about the same as to why Captain Obvious, Zimphire, or Railroader haven't been banned for being total assholes. >shrug<

I knew your answer would be to use the search function, but I have better things to do than to search for what may have been your nickname back then and track down this response which may not even exist. I do remember you saying that "some people like me here", is that your official response?

Secondly, the behavior of others does not explain your lack of personal accountability.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 03:03 PM

I make fun of Christians only when they're attakcing me. Zimphire and Railroader constantly try to pick fights with me, because Zimphire believes he has the right to do so (very christian like, I might say). SUVs... well.. I won't stop that. Ever. Unless we start building SUVs that are as safe and as efficient as cars. Til then, I will continue to spout the facts, even if SUV owners dislike the truth. As for name calling... generally I don't turn the other cheek. I rarely attack if not provoked.

This is not the point.

Please, don't ANYBODY take this bait and start arguing with Rob on this content, or else this thread will just inevitably become all others, and the cycle will renew.

Why do you feel like you have a right to post on these boards after being banned?

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2006, 03:14 PM

Oh please how many nutters here are obsessed with other users. I have a bunch of groupies.

The secret, IGNORE THEM for the love of god!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 03:21 PM

Oh please how many nutters here are obsessed with other users. I have a bunch of groupies.

The secret, IGNORE THEM for the love of god!

Kevin and Railroader are no problem to keep on my ignore list because their nicks remain constant, but Cash is a little harder. I guess I'm rather slow, because I usually don't do more than glance at the nickname unless the post really sticks out, so I often have a hard time identifying Rob's new nicknames until he starts into one of his diatribes.

I'd like to ignore him though.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2006, 03:23 PM

I'd like to ignore him though.
Then when you figure out it is him stop asking him questions. It is that simple.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 03:25 PM

I knew your answer would be to use the search function, but I have better things to do than to search for what may have been your nickname back then and track down this response which may not even exist. I do remember you saying that "some people like me here", is that your official response?

Secondly, the behavior of others does not explain your lack of personal accountability.
Hey, neither do I. But yes, actually the behavior of others and the moderators refusal to acknowledge or deal with their actions makes me NOT FOLLOW the rules here. Some people are allowed to get away with almost anything, while others are not. It's inconsistent, thus I don't stay 'banned' because my original banning years ago was BS. So was the banning for my "suvsaretarded" sn. And many others. I get banned for things that others do not. And yes, I like some people here. Some people here are great.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 03:26 PM

Why do you feel like you have a right to post on these boards after being banned?
Because other people can do ban-worthy things and not get banned. And believe it or not, sometimes I've been banned for random BS. I was originally banned from MacNN by wlonh, who disliked me so he banned me.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 03:26 PM

Then when you figure out it is him stop asking him questions. It is that simple.

You're right, it is easy to forget that some people will not change. Maybe I'll try this one last time since I've come this far, but my hat is off to your wise words

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 03:28 PM

Hey, neither do I. But yes, actually the behavior of others and the moderators refusal to acknowledge or deal with their actions makes me NOT FOLLOW the rules here. Some people are allowed to get away with almost anything, while others are not. It's inconsistent, thus I don't stay 'banned' because my original banning years ago was BS. So was the banning for my "suvsaretarded" sn. And many others. I get banned for things that others do not. And yes, I like some people here. Some people here are great.

Okay, so if the cops issue you a restraining order and you don't agree with their decision because you think it is inconsistent, does this make it okay to just ignore it?

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 03:30 PM

Okay, so if the cops issue you a restraining order and you don't agree with their decision because you think it is inconsistent, does this make it okay to just ignore it?
It gives me grounds to fight it legally. But you can't do that here. So I just ignore it. I'm sorry my answers aren't acceptable to you. But once again you have them, so please bookmark this thread so hopefuly in the future you can refrain from repeating yourself and wasting your time, because you have better things to do with it.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2006, 03:38 PM

Not doing to well are you...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 03:39 PM

It gives me grounds to fight it legally. But you can't do that here. So I just ignore it. I'm sorry my answers aren't acceptable to you. But once again you have them, so please bookmark this thread so hopefuly in the future you can refrain from repeating yourself and wasting your time, because you have better things to do with it.

No it doesn't.

You are using a free service provided to you (and paid for) by MacNN. When you sign up, you agree to abide by their rules and moderation. The moderation centers around reflecting positively on MacNN as a whole, keeping in mind that MacNN is first and foremost a place for finding Mac-related information.

Given this pretense, it's not difficult to see why they would lock threads that have basically turned into a content of who the alpha-male is, using techniques such as calling people f-ing retards and other intimidation tactics.

When you use a free service provided for (and paid for) by MacNN, it isn't too much to ask for that you respect their rules, their right to moderate in anyway they see fit. If you don't like the rules, you can discuss this civilly with the mods providing they welcome this discourse (I've done this in the past myself). I know that you and the mods have discussed things too, but for whatever reason you could not reach an agreement.

If you don't like the terms of your cellphone contract, does that make it okay to steal their service? No, you simply go find some competing service you like better, that will have you.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 03:39 PM

Not doing to well are you...
Like I said in my previous message to you, I want to give it one last shot... Probably about to quit if Rob responds to my latest message the way I expect him to.

iloveipod
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2006, 03:56 PM

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by iloveipod
Why did you remove that post? I saw what it was before you deleted it.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 04:28 PM

No it doesn't.
Yes it does.

You are using a free service provided to you (and paid for) by MacNN. When you sign up, you agree to abide by their rules and moderation. The moderation centers around reflecting positively on MacNN as a whole, keeping in mind that MacNN is first and foremost a place for finding Mac-related information.

Actually it's paid for by the advertising companies. But anyway, let's say for example that you were banned immeadiatly for harassing me. Okay? Pretend that happened. Now you are banned, and you liked it at macnn, and nobody else who harasses me gets banned. That isn't fair. Now, you have two options: You can never come back, and basically agree to said ban, or you can create a new SN since banning basically = punishment by the inability to use your old SN with your post count. Now, let's say you come back, and you're here again. Why should you ever stay banned? There is no reason to stay banned. You were banned unfairly originally, but talking to the mods is like talking to a brickwall, they won't change their minds. It's much easier and quicker to just create a new SN and go on with life.

So ... as an example, I suggest you PM a mod to ban you, for no reason. Then we shall see how you respond.

festeringwounds
Banned
Jan 22, 2006, 04:29 PM

Like I said in my previous message to you, I want to give it one last shot... Probably about to quit if Rob responds to my latest message the way I expect him to.
Sweet. Thank god. For the record, I don't think you're a bad guy and I think you have a decent head on your shoulders, you just haven't been banned without reason and harassed by a select few lame individuals here, so you can't see things from my viewpoint.

iloveipod
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2006, 04:45 PM

Why did you remove that post? I saw what it was before you deleted it.
he keeps posting in my thread that i am scamming.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 04:47 PM

Okay SWG, I'm officially done now...

Hopeless!

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 04:52 PM

Hey guys, keep it up. Only another 200+ pages to go before we get the record off those pansies at that other forum.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

iloveipod
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2006, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by iloveipod
he keeps posting in my thread that i am scamming.
he got banned.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2006, 05:11 PM

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules