Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS New 1.83 Core 2 Duo Macmini. Must Sell only 4 days old!

FS New 1.83 Core 2 Duo Macmini. Must Sell only 4 days old!
BkueKanoodle
Senior User
Aug 18, 2007, 11:57 AM

$500

OK Heres the Deal, I have a Mac mini I just bought on tuesday, it works great, I was going to use it as a second computer for doing some guitar recordings. Apple just released new minis a week ago this last tuesday. This is one of them.

Why am I selling it? I walked into the music store to get some more guitar picks, and I fell hard and fast for a new guitar. 5 minutes later, I'm walking out with a guitar I can't really afford, and my wife will be back in town tomorrow. I need to sell something to pay for the guitar before then, and I can get by without the mini.

If I return it back to the store I will get hit with a 15% restocking fee. On a 599 computer, that means roughly 85 dollars. I'd rather take the 15 dollar hit and earn some good Karma in the process!

Heres the full specs for the mini:

Apple - Mac mini - Technical Specs

This is the 1.83 Core 2 Duo mini that sells for 599 plus tax It includes the new iLife '08 and the box manuals cds. etc

First come, first serve, cash talks and the mini walks!

Thanks!

Send email to jason@jason(nospam)carnell.com if interested. (remove (nospam) for email to go through)
( Last edited by BkueKanoodle; Aug 20, 2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Added contact info)
15" Macbook Pro 1.83 2 GB RAM
Blackbook 13.3 Powerhouse 2 GB RAM
MacMini Dual Core 2 GB RAM (Sadly running Windows Most of the time)
Numerouse Workstations running windows and Linux. Sorry don't have the specs, I don't pay much attention to them anymore. :)

BkueKanoodle  (op)
Senior User
Aug 20, 2007, 12:23 PM

Bump. AND I'll throw in 2 gigs of ram
Numerouse Workstations running windows and Linux. Sorry don't have the specs, I don't pay much attention to them anymore. :)

kondspi
Aug 20, 2007, 01:12 PM

How big is the HD?

celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 20, 2007, 03:21 PM

Can you clarify the price for those of us that are a little slow? You mention taking a 15 dollar hit, but you also talk about taking a 15% hit if returned. So, what is the price you are selling for, and are you including shipping or is that additional? Thanks

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Aug 20, 2007, 04:19 PM

where are you located?

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Aug 20, 2007, 04:43 PM

So how much is it then?

PowerBub
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 20, 2007, 09:09 PM

i think he meant to write, "I'd rather take the 15 PERCENT hit," but he accidently typed Dollar. 10 to 1 says his price is 599 - 85 = 514$
please cook my steak again
je suis american

BkueKanoodle  (op)
Senior User
Aug 20, 2007, 09:27 PM

Sorry Folks I thought I put the price in there and just realized I boneheaded it. Price is 500 shipped anywhere in the country with an upgrade to 2 gigs. First come first serve. Email me at [email protected] if interested

This is a steal with the ram upgrades, just really need to pay for this guitar.

BkueKanoodle  (op)
Senior User
Aug 20, 2007, 09:28 PM

I am near Portland Oregon

idyll
Senior User
Aug 20, 2007, 09:50 PM

i replied to your email!

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2007, 10:24 PM

Hey, that iLife 08 that's included... is that the installation disc itself or is it pre-loaded onto the Mini?
2.16 C2D Whitebook, 4Gb RAM
2.0 C2D Whitebook, 2Gb RAM
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

idyll
Senior User
Aug 20, 2007, 10:43 PM

Hope I got first dibs on this thing.. We can discuss the payment amount too if somebody beat me!

chipchen
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2007, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by RiDDLeRIZE View Post
Hey, that iLife 08 that's included... is that the installation disc itself or is it pre-loaded onto the Mini?
I think these were pre-loaded on the new iMacs and Mac minis. All the other ones had drop in discs like usual.

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by chipchen View Post
I think these were pre-loaded on the new iMacs and Mac minis. All the other ones had drop in discs like usual.
I'm not sure about that...I just bought a 2.2 Macbook Pro on Saturday and there were no drop in CD's there. I tried to force install the MBP software onto my 2.16Ghz iMac, and it didn't work right.
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

chipchen
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2007, 01:55 PM

Umm... you can't use restore discs from one Mac model on another model. That's how it's always been. About iLife, let me explain.

Generally, when Apple releases an iLife suite or a new Mac OS. The new machines that are introduced that day along with the software, almost always already come with those software suites pre-installed and already on the restore discs. (you cannot use these discs on other Macs) Any currently shipping machines that are sold after the official release:

1. In Apple Retail Stores, they will open up the boxes in back and drop in the software discs. Or...

2. They become eligible for the "Up To Date" program in which you can sign up online or through a rebate-like form to get the new software free + a shipping/handling fee of about $9.95 - $19.95. (for instance, Apple - iLife - Up-To-Date)

THEN, any machines that are manufactured after the release date (or actually, usually starting about a week or two before the release), they will start to have the software pre-installed on the machines again. It's basically just the machines that are manufactured before the release and sold after the release... those are the ones that qualify for separate install discs. And those discs are not machine specific.

Does that clear it up?

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2007, 02:11 PM

I'll buy if it's still available

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2007, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by chipchen View Post
Umm... you can't use restore discs from one Mac model on another model. That's how it's always been. About iLife, let me explain.

Generally, when Apple releases an iLife suite or a new Mac OS. The new machines that are introduced that day along with the software, almost always already come with those software suites pre-installed and already on the restore discs. (you cannot use these discs on other Macs) Any currently shipping machines that are sold after the official release:

1. In Apple Retail Stores, they will open up the boxes in back and drop in the software discs. Or...

2. They become eligible for the "Up To Date" program in which you can sign up online or through a rebate-like form to get the new software free + a shipping/handling fee of about $9.95 - $19.95. (for instance, Apple - iLife - Up-To-Date)

THEN, any machines that are manufactured after the release date (or actually, usually starting about a week or two before the release), they will start to have the software pre-installed on the machines again. It's basically just the machines that are manufactured before the release and sold after the release... those are the ones that qualify for separate install discs. And those discs are not machine specific.

Does that clear it up?
I understood that already. I was just saying that another system's restore discs won't work cause it will check the machine...but if you open the mpkgs up, they will run if you use pacifist. That's how you get Front Row working on G4 machines. I tried it, it worked out, but there were some weird actions going on with the iMac since i forced the mpkg to install the software from the MBP.

And i was looking to find out if it was adrop in disc... that's all.

Regardless, i just bought the iLIfe 08 disc so it doesn't matter.
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 9, 2007, 08:47 AM

Still haven't fully completed this transaction.

Just want to let MacNN users know that BkueKanoodle shipped the Mac Mini VERY fast to me. Got it within 3 days after sending payment on August 20th. However, when I received the item, the slot-load drive was non-functional. Since it was purchased August 7th, it's still got its limited year warranty. I took it to the Apple Store in Menlo Park Mall in Nj, got some condecending attitudes from the Mac Genius there, but they took the Mac Mini in on August 27th. Apple called me yesterday and I picked up the Mini with its new drive. The only problem that I have left now is the DVI-VGA adapter which wasn't included in the box when BkueKanoodle shipped out the Mini. In one of his emails he said he'll "drop it in the mail."

So, BkueKanoodle, can you please send me the adapter that was suppose to come in the box? I've sent you emails and PM's, but I haven't received anything back, so I'm not sure if you got them or not. I just need the adapter because I don't have any DVI monitors here and I'm unable to make use of the Mini. I'm only able to power it on and put in a CD. That's how i made sure the drive doesn't reject the CD's anymore. Anyways BkueKanoodle, please get back to me. I'd like to complete our transaction. Thanks.
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

Forum Links
Forum Rules