Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Elgato EyeTV 200 - FireWire D.V.R. - TV Tuner

Elgato EyeTV 200 - FireWire D.V.R. - TV Tuner
idyll
Senior User
Sep 13, 2008, 06:44 PM

Turn your Mac into a PVR machine!

Up for sale is a Elgato EyeTV 200 DVR, Elgato EyeTV software CD, a remote, and FireWire 400 cable.

Everything you need to get it up and running is here. It does not need an external power source, since it gets its power from the FireWire connection.

This enables you to watch TV on your Mac and basically turn it into a Tivo as well. You can also connect your gaming systems on the back of it, or use it to turn your VHS tapes into DVDs.

I no longer have the original box unfortunately.

Original cost $349. I am not sure where to price now that it is no longer available, but keep in mind that just the software itself is $80.. Feel free to PM me offers.

Info:

"The EyeTV 200 features the much higher bandwidth of 400Mbit/s FireWire, and supports recording to DVD-quality MPEG-2. In addition, the EyeTV 200 possesses much-expanded D.V.R. (digital video recording) capabilities, aka PVR. The EyeTV 200 also features a new, trade-size silver housing with a red IR lens on the front for the included remote. Among its many accolades, on December 13th, 2004, the EyeTV 200 won Macworld's Editors' Choice Award for Hardware of the Year."

Link to info on Macworld

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2008, 10:54 PM

Which version of the EyeTV software is included with this?

Also what is your asking price?

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2008, 09:40 PM

Well?????

idyll  (op)
Senior User
Sep 16, 2008, 12:28 AM

Sorry, I have not checked back here.

I will include the latest version, eyetv 3. As for the price, I'm up for anything.. just send me an offer and I will consider it. I really don't need this anymore since I got a TV for my room.

Forum Links
Forum Rules